Easy Free Tethering?

Last Updated:

1. thelonewizard

thelonewizard Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Okay, so I've read things about rooting your EVO and one of my favorite aspects is the mobile hotspot/tethering thing you can get for free. I looked through the forums to see if there's an easier way of accomplishing this than rooting my whole phone. I've taken a few computer classes, so I have a decent knowledge base, but rooting just seems way over my head. Anyway, is it possible to do this without rooting the whole EVO?

Advertisement
  2. kaw900r

kaw900r Well-Known Member

U can use Easy tether, PDA net and a few other apps. But to be honest Rooting is very easy i used the 3 step and it went great and i am new to droid. :cool:

vss123 likes this.
  3. thelonewizard

thelonewizard Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

and to be honest, I still don't even have the EVO. I want one, and I can upgrade, Dad just won't let me. I'm 15.

4. tracyjarchow

tracyjarchow New Member

5. Bruse Wayne

Bruse Wayne Active Member

what about unrevoked? is that option still available for running rooted apps only?

6. gx1400

gx1400 Well-Known Member

as of right now, only if you haven't done the OTA 1.47.651.1 update. If you're lucky enough to get the phone new without the update installed (I've heard most retailers are forcing the update before activation), then you should be fine. The OTA patched the exploit that unrevoked was using.

7. axisofoil

axisofoil Well-Known Member

The sprint store I went to said they are not allowed to install updates on the phones, even if the customer desires... they still have to hit the "update" button themselves.