• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Easy guide to update to Galaxo or GAOSP!

Me, yet again. i usually am on WiFi for any data related things but I"ve now noticed that I can't connect to the GRPS for data anymore. Does anyone know what, or if there's anything Bell Canada Customers can or should do to get data working again over the network?

I tried searching for combinations of 'bell, canada, grps, and data' Nothing seemingly relevant so far, hopefully I didn't miss anything.

You probably need to enter the Bell APN again. Here's a quick How-to:

Press the Menu key
Tap Settings
Tap Wireless controls
Tap Mobile networks
Tap Access Point Names
Press the Menu key
Tap New APN, use these settings:

Name: Bell Internet
APN: pda.bell.ca
Proxy: web.wireless.bell.ca
Port: 80
MMSC: http://mms.bell.ca/mms/wapenc
MMS proxy: web.wireless.bell.ca
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 610
APN type: Internet + mms
Authentication Type: none

:D

Reactions: Alpha17x
Upvote 0
I've finally managed to get this to work.

The issue I have is that the stock drivers that the stickies suggest you download did not support the USB ID of my galaxy in fastboot mode. (Though whilst the full android code, all debugging ADB shell etc works ok)

When using the following (excellent) guide ....

http://androidforums.com/i7500-all-things-root/72037-easy-guide-updating-galaxo.html

you are stuck trying (in vain) to get the "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" step to work, and like me it seems at lot of you are.....

Bring up device drivers window and if you right click the yellow warning on the USB driver Android1.0, and select Details Tab, and 'Device Instance Id' my galaxy has the string USB\VID_18D1&PID_D00D\5&C0AA250&0&5 in that field. which means its not recognised by the stock driver.

I changed any lines (3 in total) in usb_driver\x86\android_usb.inf that had USB\VID_18D1&PID_DDDD in them to USB\VID_18D1&PID_D00D and first time after that it worked perfectly, the fastboot loaded and I'm now running Galaxo 1.6.3.4. OK

One other hint, if you keep call and power pressed all the time, fastboot does NOT boot the main app, but keeps cycling round, kinda habdy when trying to quickly install the driver.

What DeviceInstanceId do other people see in fastboot mode???

Upvote 0
Guys i am having trouble installing galaxo. I have installed gaosp successfully.. My steps are
already installed recovery tool latest
went to recovery
wiped
installed galaxy
installed gapp
wipe
reboot.
but my phone gets stuck at the boot screen(the one written android on it) i waited for around 20 mins but nothing happened. tried this 4-5 times without success.please help me. Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
galaxo is not saving default setting. means while browsing in the in built browser it asked to make it default once. I made it always open by it, but even after that its asking again and again the same thing. And fullscreen in opera is troubling. it now is leaving a blank space at the bottom in fullscreen mode. please tell me the solution to this.

Upvote 0
I presently have 1.6 on my phone. I installed it using Odin and a Russian firmware. Is there any advantage to using Galaxo instead? I would appreciate any feedback. I have all the needed Galaxo files lined up on my desktop, ready to go. I like the phone and an looking forward to installing something other than relying on the original Bell firmware. Especially after Samsung e-mailed me and advised there would not be an update to 1.6 coming from them.

Upvote 0
The little button above the end call/ power button. You won't regret going to Galaxo ! I recommend adding inFECT's Darksense theme (Downloads | Android Codex ). Makes it look pretty and it seems to run a little faster too.

One request though. Could you please edit your post to remove the quote. No need to re-post the ENTIRE procedure to install Galaxo. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Sorry, I didn't realize that I included the whole installation post. I actually found out what he meant by the home button. I spent 4 hours trying to switch to Galaxo. I was getting error after error in the command prompt screen. Finally installed it but would not boot. Stayed frozen in the Android screen. Tried to install from scratch three times. No luck. I am back on the Russian firmware for 1.6 for now. I will try again later. Thank you for the response.

Upvote 0
I just upgraded to 1.6.3.4. from 1.6.3.3. All went well. Just one question, probably a stupid one. There is a blue circle with the number 100 inside on the status bar. I assume it is a new battery meter. Is this true? Thank you.

Yes, it's the new battery indicator. It might only display "100", "80", "60", "40", "20" and "0", but there is a way to make it show every number, from 0 to 100. I don't remember how I did it, just look around here and you should find it. :D

Reactions: dri001
Upvote 0
guys I installed jit over galaxo. now the launcher has become the default one with 3 desktops, without auto rotation of desktop. how to go back to ptevious galaxy launcher with keeping jit?

Good one, I don't know much about the jit. Couldn't you just install another launcher from the market and delete the previous one?

I think that Darksense has the jit included, but don't take my word on that.

EDIT: It appears that I was wrong and the jit isn't included in Darksense. Thanks Lelouch.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones