• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Easy HOW TO change splash screen and boot animation....

Hey all, just thought this would help out any noobs or inexperienced users that want to change their Incredible's Splash Screen and boot animation.
I take no credit for developing any of this, just wrote up a little guide for noobs.
All credit goes to App developers of Boot animation changer lite, touchpro247 for his xda thread, ihtfp69 at xda for his splash screen.

READ THE HOW TO AND LINKS HERE:
Change your Droids splash screen and boot animation, its so easy! | WJD Designs

How to includes how to:
Add your own splash screen.
Add custom boot animations and sounds.
Links to some cool apps and animations and splash screens.

Ok, I'm a total newb here, but I have a rooted droid that's working great, with a custom boot animation and launcher pro. Loving it and it's glorious battery life.

However, this one I can't figure out:

"Place your newly created PB31IMG.zip on the root of your SD card, and reboot to hboot. (adb reboot oem-42)"

Do I have to have adb to do this step? I tried volume down + power on, but does that only work for HTC phones? I appreciate any help!! I made a couple startup splash screens, and when it's not so late I'll post them up to share, provided they actually work!

Upvote 0
Ok, I'm a total newb here, but I have a rooted droid that's working great, with a custom boot animation and launcher pro. Loving it and it's glorious battery life.

However, this one I can't figure out:

"Place your newly created PB31IMG.zip on the root of your SD card, and reboot to hboot. (adb reboot oem-42)"

Do I have to have adb to do this step? I tried volume down + power on, but does that only work for HTC phones? I appreciate any help!! I made a couple startup splash screens, and when it's not so late I'll post them up to share, provided they actually work!
The filename PB31IMG is specific to the Incredible.

Upvote 0
Hey I'm wondering if anyone can help me here. I'm trying to change my splash screen and I'm hitting a brick wall.

I've got a rooted s-off incredible running the stock factory rom. I've downloaded a couple different incredible splash screens thinking maybe there was something wrong with the first two I tried.

I downloaded the PB31IMG.zip files to my computer and transferred them to my sdcard root. I used astro to verify the file name PB31IMG.zip. I reboot the phone into hboot but no matter what I do from there i get nowhere.

Upvote 0
So now that I am rooted I put on my old custom boot animation and made a custom splash screen.

I LOVE having root access :) Haven't even gotten into ROM's and such, but still having so much fun!

splash1.jpg

Upvote 0
Hey I'm wondering if anyone can help me here. I'm trying to change my splash screen and I'm hitting a brick wall.

I've got a rooted s-off incredible running the stock factory rom. I've downloaded a couple different incredible splash screens thinking maybe there was something wrong with the first two I tried.

I downloaded the PB31IMG.zip files to my computer and transferred them to my sdcard root. I used astro to verify the file name PB31IMG.zip. I reboot the phone into hboot but no matter what I do from there i get nowhere.

I searched here and elsewhere for an answer to what might have been causing my issue and was only able to find a couple of posts from others that had this happen with no resolution.

After much thought I figured it may have been an issue with the file system on the sd card so I copied the contents of my card to a folder on my pc then unmounted the phone from the computer and reformatted the sd card using the phone. After the format I mounted the phone to the pc copied my files back to the card and then put the PB31IMG.zip on the card.

after that I rebooted to hboot and it ran the PB31IMG.zip file perfectly.

Hope that helps someone else.

Upvote 0
Any way to revert back to the stock incredible splash screen that said htc incredible? Thanks for thoughts!

*edit: OK, so I'm a dumb ass- The original stock one is available here if you need it:

Change your Droids splash screen and boot animation, its so easy! | WJD Designs

labeled "Official HTC Incredible Stock"...

ok so either this is now gone or im completely blind.
I need the stock splash file so i can exchange my phone under warrenty. (the power button is dying and its getting extreamly hard to unlock my phone)

EDIT:
well after some more searching i have found another spot with splash screens and boot animations:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=7754717#post7754717

one of them says its the stock one.. havent tested yet, but downloaded it.

EDIT2: yes this is the correct file :)
now i can just reflash the stock rom, turn s-on, and reflash the stock recovery...

Upvote 0
Does anyone know of another forum that may have links to downloadable splash screens and boot animations other than xda?

i do custom splash screens... what did you have in mind??
i also do wallpapers and custom docks and icons for launcherpro plus....
CAP201009141609.jpg

i modded the dock from the sapphire redrum theme (i can make docks from scratch if you want something OG). the font is part of the dock. the pentagram in the center is an icon i made for the app drawer, and the other 4 icons are invisable... dialer on the right, camera next to that, dolphin browser on the left, and handsent next to that. and the wall paper is also made by me.

Reactions: mandophish
Upvote 0
That's pretty rad, stoney! Really clean too.

I'd like to make this as a splash screen and I think I can figure it out once I get to checking for instructions in the article mentioned a page or so back.

stealyourface.jpg

edit: ok, I read those directions and I think I can manage it. It's just going to take some trial and error.

Can you post a link once it's done?

Upvote 0
I believe they changed the location of the bootanimation.zip starting with Froyo. Location for stock rom is in /system/customize/resource if I remember correctly. Don't have my phone with me right now to verify path. Path may be different if you're on a custom rom. Best to use Root Explorer and locate the zip ahead of time, then swap it out with the animation of your choice. I've never messed with splash screens much so not much to offer there. If you want to mess with splash screen, try this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=753788

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones