• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[EASY] How to Make Windows Recognize your Transform

[TheAndroid]

Android Enthusiast
Oct 30, 2010
Uh-Meh-Ric-Ah
Go to this link on Samsung's website.

Samsung

Now click the 'software tab' and download the "Device(Install),USB Driver (Software) (ver.1.3.350.0)" It's a .exe file. Run the file and let the program install the drivers quick. Now here's the trick. Look for where you downloaded the drivers on your computer. Should be in /Program Files/Samsung/Drivers something to that extent. You should see about 21 different folders. These are all different drives that can be used. So when your computer aks you to install the software and put in a CD or select a folder, Pick the 3rd one. I did it and SWUpdater than called it I think... 'Samsung ADB Composite Router'. Anyway you just have to pick one of those driver folders, or the 3rd one like I did, some won't work just so you know, but now I can connect my Transform to computer with no issues at all.

Thanks my Computer Repair Technician certification for this haha. If I didn't write something clear enough, just comment about it.

FYI

I just got a Transform for my girlfriend, and had been trying for over a day to get the thing to connect to either my desktop or her laptop. It just refused to connect to either one. No mass storage, no adb debugging, no notification whatsoever in the taskbar.

I did LOTS of searching, tried many different cables, installed all the drivers I could find, uninstalled them and reinstalled, debugging enabled/disabled, nothing would work.

Finally tried temporarily disabling my Trend Micro Titanium anti virus and BAM!!! works fine every time. Doesn't matter if debugging is checked or not.

What's wierd here is my EVO connected to both computers without issue since day one !?!?

Apparently Trend Micro doesn't like something in the Samsung drivers. I haven't had time yet to see if I can set Trend Micro to unblock the Transform, I'll be working on that later. I'll post again if I find out anything.

Upvote 0
Something I did to help my computer to recognize the phone is go to Device Manager in Windows and look at Universal Serial Bus Controllers. Look at properties for any and all USB Root Hubs. Go to Power Management and uncheck the box that allows Windows to turn off hub to save power.
I also unplugged everything from the USB plugs but the phone and that got my computer to recognize my phone.
As Cooper271 said I also believe that enough power isnt being sent to the port and this might help in addition to eveyone elses steps.

Upvote 0
Something I did to help my computer to recognize the phone is go to Device Manager in Windows and look at Universal Serial Bus Controllers. Look at properties for any and all USB Root Hubs. Go to Power Management and uncheck the box that allows Windows to turn off hub to save power.
I also unplugged everything from the USB plugs but the phone and that got my computer to recognize my phone.
As Cooper271 said I also believe that enough power isnt being sent to the port and this might help in addition to eveyone elses steps.

Cooper said that before Ultimate Kernel was released which increased USB power drawn when connected to a PC. Should work on even a dead battery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones