"Easy Root" adding an Unroot button....

Last Updated:

1. hasbrobot

hasbrobot Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Got an email from the developer just recently and claims that an Unroot option in the form of another button will be added by this afternoon....

Advertisement
  2. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Be careful with the easy root program right now. We don't know why, but we've had two reports of people who had used easy root losing their custom recovery and being reverted to standard recovery, with further problems occurring after that. I don't know if there's some bug in the program or the way it roots, but until someone figures out if the app is the problem, I'd advised against its use.

3. gnath9

gnath9 Well-Known Member

It needs a button cuz right now its on auto... lol ..... JK

4. hasbrobot

update just hit there's now an unroot button

5. Prime

Prime Well-Known Member

I will just do my rooting for free and by myself

6. Jebus

Jebus Well-Known Member

Yeah.

Just root your Droid phone yourself. It's free and easy. Just follow the instructions. Paying for an application that roots your phone is fail. It didn't even take me long to root mine.

Plus, I didn't have any problems after I root. It seems that some people who used that application have had some problems.

7. fritz d

fritz d New Member

here is the funny part i did that night before official ota update was leaked. then i saw the leak and was like hmmm. i am rooted but not on a dif rom or anything i wonder if i can just push it on and it will unroot itself. well the good news? it worked...Kinda i am running 2.2. here is the weird thing it still says i have superuser permission so i went to easy root once the button to unroot came out and clicked unroot. it said failed to unroot. i dont even know what this means. could there really be any way it stayed rooted even with the ota update pushed on to the sd and loaded?

Thanks in advance.
    Fritz donoho

8. bmkindoll

bmkindoll Well-Known Member

Just got an email from the "EasyRoot" developer and he told me that he is expecting to have an EasyRoot for Froyo available in the Market sometime early next week.

Brandon

9. hasbrobot

Find it hard to believe this works and is stable....

10. tomcrapper

tomcrapper New Member

i just tried this app. it does nothing on my droid. i re-booted and it is not rooted. the app says to reopen the app after rebooting and it will take you to a menu screen with some options. but when i reboot it opens up the same way as when i downloading the app, and asking if i want to root. anyone else have this problem?

11. hasbrobot

I finally took the plunge and got he same exact result...?

12. hasbrobot

emailed the Dev ...wiating on response

13. hippyfish

hippyfish New Member

I used easyroot as well and I can confirm this is happening to me also. Several times I've tried to flash Clockwork Recovery and my Droid constantly reverts back to Android Recovery.

After reading about Lock and Load's issue I tried to flash SPRecovery and then reflash Clockwork, but that also reverted. Seems this isn't happening to everyone, but now you have at least 3 verified cases.

Probably going to go back to stock 2.1 and root the old fashioned way or use RSDLite to flash SPRecovery as recommended by someone yesterday.

14. SaderBlake

SaderBlake Member

I'm having a problem downloading Easy Root..I bought it once, refunded it because I didn't have anough money in my account, then bought it again the same day...and now it finally went through this morning and it says purchased because I got paid this morning...but when I try to click install it says "Download unsuccessful"...I've tried everything to get it to install but it won't work and I can't refund it again. If I could refund it again I would be able to successfully install it like I did with Rom manager and setCPU:mad:.
    Any advice?

15. CGdroid

CGdroid Active Member

I have Droid 1 and root my phone successfully by using easyroot.

Don't know if the new unroot button works but since I am extremely happy with my new BB 0.4 Froyo rom, I probably will never look back. :eek:

16. CGdroid

CGdroid Active Member

Well, I experienced the same thing but I did it again and reboot, I finally saw the superuser permission icon appeared in my app drawer.

17. akokonas

akokonas Member

well apparently easy root has been suspended. Just checked the market and its not in there, however the developer left a note on the easy root compatibility app!

18. Danielson2047

Danielson2047 Well-Known Member

So this un-root button takes you back to completely stock?

19. SaderBlake

SaderBlake Member

The problem I stated earlier actually started yesterday, so them suspending easy root is not the reason it keeps saying download unsuccessful, but I do have one question..do you think my problem will be fixed once it gets put back onto the Market? Maybe it will act like a reset?

20. hasbrobot

worked perfect for me stock 2.2 and rooted but not brave enough to hit the unroot...

21. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

yeah?

and when you rooted, who's ROM did you load? Yours? No, I bet Pete's or Chevy's. Why don't you compile your own ROM? The apps that you used to root, did you write them? Did you download ROM Manager and use that? Maybe a backup app like Titanium. Maybe SuperUser and BusyBox? The directions you followed to root, did you write those? so it's okay, since you did it the hard way, to dog on the app or others for paying for a better mouse trap?? yet, you used others tools the whole time???

22. SaderBlake

SaderBlake Member

Word.

23. Jebus

Jebus Well-Known Member

I'm just saying it's easier to root it manually. Everyone is having problems with this application.
    And yes. I used my own ROM. Mind you...

24. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

in fact, it is 100x easier to root via Easy Root. 1 push, 2 minutes, done.

an no, not everyone is having issues with that app and as I wrote elsewhere, as a person who used Easy Root and had some issues (1) there is no proof the issues I was having were due to Easy Root and in fact (2) many people with root issues it seems more come back to issues with clockworkMD and recovery boots and clockworkMD not flashing or staying flashed. That itself, if you read around here, is an issue for many many root people, not just Easy Root people. So, I think that Easy Root might be getting the finger pointed at it when in fact clockworkMD and issues in ROM Manager - another app we all use - might more be the culprit. So in the end, I might have just stayed with Easy Root but issues with clockworkMD caused some of us to assume it was Easy Root and so went down that path.

"And yes. I used my own ROM." - really? you made your own ROM like Chevy or Pete? post it please. I went back and scanned your posts and you asked "Do we need to back up all of our stuff on the Droid first before updating?" - and so you asked that question but have the skills to make your own ROM and not post it up here like Pete and Chevy and several other devs? hmmmm... :cool:

not trying to be a jerk, but this does not add up and 2 many people are jumping on the Easy Root hate bandwagon and yet nothing is conclusive about it being an actual problem.

either way.. I think you get my point about using tools and faster methods for rooting. nothing wrong with it if it is made available and there is no valor in doing it the old school slow way.

25. TharOosta

TharOosta Well-Known Member

How long will this "suspension" last yall think?