Easy root for .28 firmware users

1. JAy3001

JAy3001 Well-Known Member

First off, this post if just for info as this is not in anyway my work. But huge thanks to miloj & sparkym3 for their hard work. :) :smokingsomb:

Standard issue do's:
    Do have Asus Sync force closed/disabled on the tablet/PC,
    Do have Splashtop force closed/disabled on the tablet,
    Do have "Install from unknown sources" switched on,
    Do have "USB debugging" turned on,
    Do have the Primes device drivers installed.

The post I am going to quote is sparkym3's automated method, based upon miloj's manual method which can be found below.

miloj's original post:
    Rooting the TF300T *without* downgrading (from .29) - xda-developers

sparkym3's original post:
    [ROOT][TOOL]Debugfs automated root [08/12/2012] - xda-developers

After having to send my prime back for a faulty camera I had to un-root which left me stuck on the .28 update with no root. But following this method I was back rooted within 5 minutes! :)

It should be noted once you have rooted you may need to reboot once more to get root, but I also recommend you run Superuser before running any root apps as you need to confirm a dialog box on startup before SU will accept any root requests.

Again, note that this is not my work and you perform these actions at your own risk. For support and updates follow the original posts.

Attached Files:

Advertisement
    Rafael likes this.
  2. Rafael

Rafael Well-Known Member

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!!!!!!!!!
    I rooted my Prime tonight. It was as easy as they described.
    Can't wait to tweak it a bit and maybe get it running well.

I will make a donation to one or both of the gents who made this possible!
  3. JAy3001

JAy3001 Well-Known Member

Not a problem Rafael. It really is as easy as plugging your prime into your PC, running the .bat file and follow the instructions. Done in a few minutes. (Providing you have your PC setup already)