easy root question

Last Updated:

1. last rites

last rites Active Member This Topic's Starter

going to root the eris, i believe i downloaded all i need. havent decided on which rom yet but i can decide later. anyway my question. how long will this take. i am very busy with my girls, softball, hockey, soccer ect.... so i only have a little time here and there. if it will take less than an hour then its a go. if not it will have to wait till the weekend.

Advertisement
  2. dracozny

dracozny Well-Known Member

it can be done in less than an hour depending on how proficient you are with following directions and using a command line. otherwise wait for a weekend.

3. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

actually rooting your phone is as simple as placing the root image on to ur sd card and booting ur phone up by pressing volume down and power at the same time. Only takes about 10 to 15 minutes. Flashing a recovory image, custom rom and all that can take some time if your not familiar with the cmd line.

4. last rites

last rites Active Member This Topic's Starter

somewhat familiar with the command line. got away from it until i got back into running linux instead of windows. will wait till i have some more time to set aside. any tips or suggestions would be great. rom suggestions would be good. thinking of aloysius or senseable, theres one other but forget the name.

5. droidkevlar

droidkevlar Well-Known Member

sense-able v2 is very stable and nice looking as well as fast. i have used all 3 versions of aloysius and so far im back to v4.1 as i like the theme and needed nav (v4 didnt have a working nav cuz of lwp)

EDIT: i rooted and flashed the 2 ROMs in under an hour. And I had no previous experience with rooting but i am fam with cmd line