• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Easy way to add a rom

Karl_Tx

Jul 20, 2010
Ok.....I'm gonna ask so here it is......I have rooted my phone using unleash the beast......I installed ryan's one click lag fix......so......is there an easy way to install Cognition 3.04? I watched the tutorial video but it was based on doing it to a phone that was stock. Is there any update.zip files that you can just load and go? I am afraid that if I do all that connecting to the computer......use Odin......use this .....use that.......etc. I will probably destroy my phone. Maybe I'll just wait till next year.....find a decent phone that works right without lies from the manufacturer and I won't have to jump throught hoops to have something decent. Anyone got any ideas on an easy way to do this......or atleast a link to some step by step instructions that aren't geared to an MIT graduate and perhaps I'll give it a shot. Thanks.:thinking:

Nothing easier than watching some one do it on video while you are following along. You can easily flash your phone with Cognition, but you aren't going to get the best experience or reliable operation if you don't go back to stock first.

It is actually pretty difficult to hard brick your phone, as long as you don't pull the battery while the ROM is flashing. While trying to change the fonts on my phone I soft bricked it because I replaced some system files incorrectly. To most people, it would look like the phone was screwed, but I was calm because I knew how to fix it. I was able to perform the download button press and flash back to stock with ODIN while I was at work. Then, when I got home later that day, I flashed Cognition again, ready to see what else this phone could do.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones