Easy way to find out which apps are running

Last Updated:

1. jflair1980

jflair1980 New Member

Good evening, I just switched over to the Hero from a blackberry curve. Is there any easy way to find out which applications are running in the background? I go to manage applications and then I try to sort by running but I see no order of which apps are running and the only ones I know that are running are the ones that say force quit. Is this correct? If so, is there any other way to easily find out which apps are running. Is there a way to sort them and be able to find the running applications without having to manually clicking on each app? I have tons of things on this thing and it takes forever to do this. I am trying to speed up the performance of my phone. Thank you for any answers.

2. Malgiliath

Malgiliath Active Member

You could look in the market and download the Advanced Task Killer. It may not sound like the app you are looking for but it does list those running in the background and allows you to shut them off to save battery life if this is an issue for you. :)
  3. Crumm

Crumm Well-Known Member

Sounds to me like Advanced Task Killer is just what you are looking for.
  4. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Holding the home menu brings up a list of the 6 most recently used apps.

In theory android shouldn't need you to manage apps, that's why there's no menu for it. But whether or not it works perfectly is something people like to argue over :p
  5. Hemlox

Hemlox Well-Known Member

You can also go into manage applications, and filter by "running".