Last Updated: Sep 12,2011
Just as the title states, is there an easy fix for this?? Root or not..
Very easy, and no rooting required.
1. On your phone, go to settings>applications>development, and check 'unknown sources'.
2. Download the app to your computer.
3. mount your sdcard by plugging in your usb cable, dragging down your notifications bar, and clicking on the usb icon. click mount and let it do it's thing, unitll the options list pops up.
4. select 'view files' and when the window opens, drag the apk file you downloaded to the root of your sdcard (not in any folders).
5.Unmount your drive,
6. go to your sdcard, and click on the apk file that you just put on there, and it will ask if you want to install. Hit yes, and you are done.
7. If you download it from somewhere other than the market directly to your phone, you can skip 2-6. it will download the apk file directly to your sdcard. Just go to it, and click install.
Not that easy on this phone, there is no box to check that says allow unknown sources
just ran into this same problem. wanted to root via z4root but it wasnt in the market, and when i downloaded it and tryed to install it gave me a "unknown source,danger" warning and wouldnt let me. dont know if you have lg drivers and android sdk tools on your computer but if you do:
plug your phone in carge only. (pull down your notification bar hit the copy files to computer button and hit charge only)
put the .apk file in your C:\adroidsdk\tools\"yourapkfile".apk
if you know how to use adb,use this command
adb install C:\"appname".apk then hit enter
i got z4root on a backflip that way and its now rooted and ready to load a rom.
hope i was helpful. (just did this an hour ago too)
Separate names with a comma.