Easy way to play music from Inc. on car stereoAccessories

Last Updated:

1. v8dreaming

v8dreaming Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

If you have a stock stereo without bluetooth etc., this thing is awesome. You can transmit from your phone to this adapter via bluetooth. It also comes with a micro usb cable to charge your phone through the adapter. Also comes with mini usb cable, ipod cable and a 3.5 mm cable.
    It also allows you to make and receive calls etc.

For 50 bucks, that's not bad and the sound is pretty good too.

Amazon.com: GOgroove FlexSMART X2 ADVANCED Wireless In-Car Bluetooth FM Transmitter with Charging and Hands-Free Capability - CONNECTS TO YOUR ANDROID THROUGH BLUETOOTH, No need for factory installed bluetooth, THEN TRANSMITS Hi-Fi AUDIO TO YOUR CAR

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

Seems complicated to me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you basically streaming music via bluetooth to the device and then streaming the audio to your stereo via an FM transmitter?

3. v8dreaming

Yes, but all you have to do is pair your phone with it and set it to whatever station you want and it on. You don't need any cables or anything unless you want to charge your phone. If your car doesn't have bluetooth, this works really well. I have one and use it.

4. Fine69

Fine69 Well-Known Member

ugh talk about sound degradation.. it wouldnt work in my car rear mounted antenna

5. A.Nonymous

I just don't see this as being any better than an FM transmitter. To me going phone >> BT >> FM is going to be much, much worse than just going phone >> FM. I've got a dock with a built in FM transmitter. It's not the best solution, but it works. A simple aux in cable on the car head unit is probably the best solution all the way around.

6. v8dreaming

My car stereo doesn't have an aux in port. I mean, if I wanted to spend the money and time to buy a new head unit and install it, yeah a physical connection will always be best. It works great in my 2005 Scion and the sound is better than the FM modulator I used with my ipod. There are so many ways of doing this, I just wanted to share one that worked well for me and may work for other people.

7. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

way to many steps

headphone output to fm transmitter to headunit. easy as can be.

I have BT head unit so i dont have to do any of this but this is what we do in the GFs car

8. v8dreaming

Sorry, didn't realize that turning blue tooth on and pressing play was so complicated.
    :\

9. A.Nonymous

It's not, it's just the loss of sound quality. You go from BT to the transmitter and you lose sound quality right there. Then you go from BT to FM and lose even more sound quality. You're basically making a copy of a copy.

10. answerman

answerman Well-Known Member

Old school here... my stereo in my Excursion has both a CD player and (gasp) a cassette player. I picked up one of those old cassette adapters (looks like a tape with a 1/8" stereo cable attached to it) at Big Lots for $3.00. Pop it in the tape player, plug it into my Incredible, and it's basically the same as an aux in jack. No wireless involved, and I never have to retune the radio to account for interference :)

No style points with the cable hanging out of the cassette slot, but it works perfectly and cost almost nothing.

11. v8dreaming

haha Awesome! I like it.

12. jinth0688

jinth0688 New Member

I wish my stock corolla stereo had a cassette player so i can do that but it only has a cd player..thinking about investing in a new stereo with aux input

13. poland626

poland626 Well-Known Member

I have a cassette player in my car and I use the headphone jack connected to a cassette tape to get music to my car. works fine