Easy way to reduce rotate lag...

Last Updated:

1. ukcatsfan

ukcatsfan Active Member This Topic's Starter

I just found this and it definitely works on my rooted hero. What i did was went to market, download "bubble" app, calibrated g sensor, then calibrated all 3 levels on bubble app. It really worked, i have no idea how or why, but it does. Try it out and post back when you see the difference.

Advertisement
  2. meangreengdub

meangreengdub Well-Known Member

Nope, no difference here.

3. ukcatsfan

ukcatsfan Active Member This Topic's Starter

after playing with it, i found that it was most noticable on gmail and albums. not so much on the other apps. oh well, thats what i get for gettin my hopes up

4. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member

no noticable change here either, but thanks anyway

5. bluemark

bluemark Active Member

This app definitely helped my lag.....put it on my wife's phone too and she noticed an improvement. Both phones are stock, not rooted.

6. doublebullout

doublebullout Well-Known Member

Nope. Tried this weeks ago the last time someone suggested this. It's worth a try, but it didn't make any difference on my Hero at all.

7. Hondaeat-r

Hondaeat-r New Member

Hello all, first post here, and yes I have searched haha. I am having troubles with calibrating the g-sensor on my Hero. I just don't get it. I rotate the phone to Landscape mode and the phone (leisurely) changes orientation, BUT it won't go back to the "normal" mode. Also tried the Bubble App, but don't understand how the hell to Calibrate it. I know I sound dumb, haha, but am pretty good tech wise, but still can't get this.

It's a cool phone, but may prove to be too involved for me, as I don't have the intentions to customize like many younger users. Thanks and any input is appreciated, constructive input of course.

EDIT: To be more specific, i don't understand how you use the Calibration tool, though i have tried. Do I calibrate just one time, or flip the phone and repeat. Does the phone lay flat on a table, or on edge ?.... In typical Engineer fashion, I'm sure I'm over-analyzing this.

8. zx12richard

zx12richard Well-Known Member

I did calibrate the g sensor buy putting a coke can on table and leveled it with a bubble level to 360 degrees.
    Any way you sit level on can it was level then I sit.phone on top and leveled it with little Chrome camera thing hangin off. Also leveled both my level apps. Theywork really well now. But don't know bout the other.

9. zx12richard

zx12richard Well-Known Member

I did calibrate the g sensor buy putting a coke can on table and leveled it with a bubble level to 360 degrees.
    Any way you sit level on can it was level then I sit.phone on top and leveled it with little Chrome camera thing hangin off. Also leveled both my level apps. Theywork really well now. But don't know bout the other.