Easy way to remove Koush's recovery?

1. Shamrock13

Shamrock13 Well-Known Member

Is there anyway to easily remove the bootstrap? I seem to have jumped the gun without reading that the bootstrap causes you to not be able to upgrade to 2.2.

Anyway, I know you can flash the .SBF to the phone (by the way, I have no idea what that .SBF file is.), but I'm looking for a way that you can just remove it without losing all of my applications and such.

So is there any easy way to do this? Also, if there is, I'd like to edit my post and put it in here as a tutorial so they can possibly sticky this thread in case anyone gets into a situation such as mine.

EDIT:

Here are the instructions according to the following posters:

I hope this helps anyone that was in the same boat as meself.

Advertisement
    :
    c_aus likes this.
  2. Navychief52

Navychief52 Active Member

UNINSTALL the Recovery APK (Droid X Bootstrapper) in Settings, Applications
    Reboot
    Run "adb shell"
    Run "su"
    Run "mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system"
    Run "cp /system/bin/logwrapper.bin /system/bin/logwrapper"
    Reboot
  3. bosox2k1

bosox2k1 Well-Known Member

You can also use root explorer and
    delete the hijack file
    delete logwrapper file
    rename the logwrapper.bin to logwrapper
    (this also assumes you uninstalled the bootstrap app from your phone first)

I did it via root explorer no problem.
  4. haevn

haevn Well-Known Member

I did that method but i never delete the hijack file, i just delete the logwrapper then changed the .bin and i havn't had any problems running froyo :confused:
  5. bosox2k1

You are probably OK, I read somewhere to delete Hijack and have read other places that omit it. If you aren't having issues, then don't worry :)
  6. Shamrock13

Shamrock13 Well-Known Member

I'm glad you guys are responding helpfully. :) I ran the ADB, and it worked perfectly.

Thanks for the help!

So what are you results with FroYo, if you have it that is?
  7. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

i think it is really snappy. i'm really happy with it so far! and i really like the battery manager they added.
  8. bosox2k1

For the most part, I like it. Unfortunately, my battery manager FC everytime I open it. Kind of frustrating.
  9. haevn

haevn Well-Known Member

ive had some problems with random reboots but i think its cause some apps don't run on 2.2 for the x. phone froze up when running twitter and some live wallpaper that i had on
  10. JrzDroid

JrzDroid Well-Known Member

i got a question and seeing as how this thread is about Koush's recovery i thought this would be a good place to

Did he release a bootstrapper for 2.2?
    If so where might it be =]
  11. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

the bootstrapper works for 2.2. you can get it in the market.
    Chrussell1215 likes this.
  12. bouchigo

bouchigo Well-Known Member

Koush released a new bootstrap for 2.2 since some people were having problems with the first release. Version number is 1.0.0.3 instead of 1.0.0.1 on the old one.

Get it here:
    My Brain Hurts: Droid X Recovery
  13. docmojave

docmojave New Member

I have a question, will I need to uninstall Bootstrap before I install any official Verizon/Motorola OTA upgrades?
  14. DroidEye22

DroidEye22 Well-Known Member

Hey do you know any free app that does the same thing as root explorer, i already used Android Mate(which sucked couldn't change anything) and i cant buy Root Explorer because well i just cant.
  15. antwonjenkins

antwonjenkins Well-Known Member

Root Explorer is so good it's almost essential. Bite the bullet and buy it. You'll be glad you did.
  16. Lars

Lars Well-Known Member

Just use any terminal app, go into su, remount the drive as rw and issue commandline commands. It's free. You just have to learn.
  17. kapstone

kapstone Active Member

Was there an answer to this question? Thanks. I have Rooted 2.1 - debating between OTA and trying my hand at flashing a ROM (though I am not super tech savvy).
  18. kapstone

kapstone Active Member

Just wanted to thank everyone on this post - was able to use RootExplorer Method and OTA went through smoothly. Thanks again!
  19. kman79

kman79 New Member

Hey guys,

Could anyone confirm if this method still works to remove the bootstrap on 2.2 OTA?

I'd like to install some themes, but at the same time, would like to get back to stock as much as possible, just in case.

Any word on if anyone was able to pull the full 2.2 OTA update.zip/sbf?
  20. SFWB

SFWB Well-Known Member

Nevermind. I fixed it.