• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root easy way to root froyo that wroked for me

if someone wants to try or has already tried let me know your findings

I did the same thing and posted about it, and my thread got deleted. I think this is one of the things that getitnowmarketing, death2all and Trident were talking about mentioning any kind of exploits, so I would ask you to remove the info you provided. You don't have to, but I would just in case :cool:

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Please, I am a developer for Punisher ROM, and a dev for many others, as one of the guys who supply you with ROMS, and on behalf of Getitnowmarketing, Death2all110, and Trident, I ask you remove the content of the first post before LG find out they messed up and fix the problem. Thanks alot!

I'm not trying to be rude, but who cares If there is a root exploit for 2.2.1 when using the lgmu?

Even if LG did find out about it, and closed the exploit we would still be able to use Tridents guide to get root on 2.2.1...

Maybe i'm confused as to the reasoning, but in my opinion theres no harm done by people posting this exploit since we can already achieve root with the 2.2.1 ota by using Tridents guide. If i am wrong feel free to correct me, and again i'm sorry if i came off as rude.

Upvote 0
i updated via lg mobile updater when i was rooted and on velocity .4 and had amonra 1.2.4 as my recovery... when i was done updating to froyo i had obviously lost the root, but not my custom recovery. so i tried loading bare bones rom and savoxis and both restored the root and work flawlessly... if someone wants to try or has already tried let me know your findings

Here's the deal - Unless your phone came from the factory with V6, you will not have the fastboot-bootloader when you update this way. What this means is that you will not be able to flash any new ROM that includes a radio update. IF the ROM does not incude the radio update or you just don't care about ROMs then you are good to go. Otherwise you are limiting your future options by updating this way.

Upvote 0
I rooted this way and here is my logic. If I am wrong in my thinking Please let me know. I do not claim to be nearly as knowledgeable as the gurus here. I am not interested in different ROMs. I like the way my phone looks and handles with my wallpaper and Launcher Pro. What I want is the ability to use more apps. So I loaded 2.2.1, did a factory reset (which gained me 22MB of memory) and rooted using this method. I can now run Move to SD Enabler and Titanium Backup. I can move all my downloaded apps to SD, backup everything on my phone and remove apps I don't want freeing up more memory. If my logic is wrong, please let me know. In the meantime I am happy and wish to say thanks to all the devs and others who have helped me to understand my Ally.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones