EASY way to sync Nexus One with iTunes?Support

Last Updated:

1. tardman91

tardman91 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a simple way to get my N1 to sync with iTunes without having to download and install a bunch of software? I'm new to the whole Android scene and I looked at Double Twist, but was looking for something a little easier since I'm on a Mac and I sync some other "i" devices with iTunes and I'm worried about the programs maybe not playing nice with each other? I'm not looking to sync my whole library, just maybe a few playlists. Is there an easy way to do this? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. Hook

Hook Ever since DU... ;-) VIP Member

Try Salling Media Sync. I used it with iTunes and my Nokias and it works great. I no longer use iTunes or I would use it with my Nexus One. I used the free version and it was fine.

tardman91 likes this.
  3. tardman91

That's along the lines of what I'm looking for. Keep the suggestions coming!

4. laughter95

laughter95 Well-Known Member

This program without paid license takes forever. There must be a better alternative

5. fangorious

fangorious Guest

Salling also replaces your 2.x ID3 tags with 1.x tags. If you have any tracks where the Album Artist tag is Various Artists (like for a soundtrack) then the Artist tag is changed to Various Artists. But seemingly if you have a tribute or collaborative CD that belongs under a single artist (like the Nativity in Black series could have an Album Artist of Black Sabbath, or Thievery Corporation's Outernational Sound every track has a different artist) those files are spread out on the sdcard under the individual artists as <Artist>/<Album>, and the Music app doesn't group them into a single album (it shows each track as an album, as the Music app groups a directory of files as a single album, rather than properly using the tag information from the files). Unless of course you have the Compilation tag set, then it seems to keep them under Compilations/<Album>.

Salling has pretty much the exact UI and workflow that a lot of people want, but then it tries to Lowest Common Denominator dumb to support as many devices as possible and totally ruins it, leading people to blame the Android Music app(s), which share blame for poor support of the Album Artist tag but don't deserve the ire of Salling Media Sync users.

6. Schwin97

Schwin97 Well-Known Member

Doubletwist works well and many people like that. I have tried using mspot and like the idea of my music in the cloud, but they only give 2Gb for free so there is a lot of my music that doesn't fit on their server.

7. Ak17

Ak17 Member

iSyncr is really good for synching specific playlists -- it's easy to use and takes up a small amount of space on your phone. I had a lot of issues with DoubleTwist but iSyncr works quite well. It also keeps the play counts up to date so your playlist of recently played and most played songs is actually accurate.

8. cigar3tte

cigar3tte Well-Known Member

Never really cared to sync since I don't keep that much music on my N1 (I only listen to my own tracks when Pandora doesn't work), but I have read that MediaMonkey is a good for sync'ing.

9. iTyler

iTyler Active Member

I also use doubleTwist. Works perfectly fine for me, I'd at least give it a shot....

10. mudrock1000

mudrock1000 Well-Known Member

I don't find it that hard to do it manually. Just fine the playlist...select it all and drag it into an actual folder from iTunes. That's jsut me though :p

iSyncr does work pretty well though, and I'm sure you can find one on the internet somewhere that works for SD cards in general.

11. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Well-Known Member Contributor

I like to just add my music manually. If you have the same music on your phone as your itunes you can create a playlist in itunes, right click on it, click "export" and export it as a .m3u file. The N1 will reads this file as a playlist.

Also I found this in the media forum this morning:

http://androidforums.com/android-media/135168-androidsync-sync-your-music-lib-ease.html

you basically just tell it what folder to sync and it does it. Pretty simple and free. If you use it don't forget to say thanks to the user.

12. tardman91

Any other suggestions?

13. skytechnetwork.com

skytechnetwork.com Active Member

How can we sync Nexus One with iTunes ? No way