1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

EasyTether connection issues

Last Updated:

1. gmoneyhq

gmoneyhq New Member This Topic's Starter

Jul 24, 2010
    Hello, I am brand new to the forum & am having an issue with the easytether Lite app on my HTC Droid Eris. I have all the software set up but when i try to connect, it asks me for a name of the SSID for the network and a network security key. How would I obtain this information? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. jweber

jweber Active Member

May 1, 2010
    Most routers you can get into by opening your web browser on your PC and entering

If you just plugged in your router and kept default settings the id would be admin and password is left blank.

From there click on the tabs that show wireless settings, it will show your ssid, security settings and your passwords

Hope this helps
  3. meyerweb

meyerweb Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Let me make sure I understand. Are you getting this message on the phone, or on your PC when you try to connect?

If it's on your PC, do this: In EasyTether, tap Menu / Setup.

WiFi Encryption should be checked. If not, check it.

Tap Encryption setup method, and choose Auto

Tap Change Passphrase, and enter a 13 character string that you can remember, but hopefully isn't too obvious.

Tap Change SSID, and enter a value you can remember. Or leave the default value, if you want, but make a note of it.

Tap the back arrow, and press to start tethering.

Now, when you try to connect on your PC, and it prompts for SSID, enter the value from the phone. Ditto for the security key.
  4. jesumar

jesumar New Member

Nov 23, 2010
    I have both ubuntu 10.04 and ubuntu 10.10, installed easytether in my motorola milestone and downloaded and installed the easytether .deb in both laptops but neither of them recognize the device when usb connected and the "easytether connect" comand issued. the message is "no compatible smartphones detected (is USB debugging enabled in Settings -> Applications -> Development?)". What observed is that easytether in the device is 0.9.10 version while the downloaded to laptos is 0.7.0 They were installed from Market. It seems possible that this versions difference could be the cause.