• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Easytether - rebooting PC w/phone connected trashes installation

CraigB

Lurker
Oct 12, 2010
Hi,

If I reboot my PC with the phone connected the PC drivers are apparently getting connected. I get the new hardware found window (the phone), and when I click next it can't find the drivers, not even if I point it to the EasyTether directory (Android Driver and Network Driver folders). I have to uninstall and reinstall the drivers (easytether_86 - from the link the phone has in Apps), and then plug/unplug the phone a couple times. If I unplug the phone before rebooting there is no problem.
It will be extremely difficult to remember to unplug the USB cable from the phone every time I reboot or turn off the computer. This is not acceptable. It is a royal pain to fix.
I paid the $10 to register EasyTether to get https access.

Any help appreciated. The lack of Google matches indicates this may be a rare problem.

LG Ally phone (Android) (Brand new). PC - Windows XP SP3 w/all current updates.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones