EasyTether: USB Debugging not working, phone not recognizedSupport

Last Updated:

1. schiche

schiche Member

I am trying to use EasyTether on MetroPcs on Win7

for some reasons connecting the phone with USB Debugging checked in "charge only" or "mass storage" mode WILL NOT load the ADB Driver. But if I connect as "internet connection", the phone is recognized by Windows and EastTether and I am now able to connect. Of course EasyTether is not working in "Internet connection" mode.

By the way, in the case of "mass storage" I am able to see the content of the phone and SD card, no problem. Only the ADB driver is not loaded and the phone is not recognized by easyTether.

How do I make my phone be "recognized" in "charge only" or "mass storage" mode? It's like USB Debugging is not working. I am not sure why. What else can I do to check if that's the case?

2. danyvw

danyvw Well-Known Member

Internet connection is made for connecting in debug mode, the other two; Charge Only is just for charging without connection and Mass Storage for browsing the SD card.
  3. schiche

schiche Member

Are you saying that the LG Esteem will not connect in debug mode unless "internet connection" is selected? My HTC Incredible connects in debug mode using charge only or mass storage. The tethering will not work when "internet connection" is selected, EasyTether and PDAnet support are very specific "You should not select Internet mode." Catch 22
  4. jzebrahockey

jzebrahockey Well-Known Member

I have seen if you put it in internet mode first and let the debugging mode come on and then switch to charge it will stay on.
  5. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

6. demarsjcd

demarsjcd Well-Known Member

to the OP, you can pm me for help if its not against rules
    rockjam likes this.