• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help eBay app problem

miketeagles

Lurker
Jul 23, 2013
Hi, I'm new to this forum and we to android, having just changed from my iphone to an S4. I'm having the expected teething problems getting to grips with a new OS, but nothing too bad. However I'm having severe problems in two app areas, which may or may not be linked.
1. The standard camera on my phone takes excellent quality photos, but displaying them in gallery is very much a hit and miss affair. The picture thumbnail doesn't display on some pictures and some of these pictures will not load for display. Others which do not show a thumbnail image, will display in gallery, but will not load in other apps.
2. The eBay app on my phone works fine until I try to display a listing. I can search and it will display lists of items, or I can display my list of watched or purchased items, but if I try to open a listing I get the error message, 'We're sorry, the item can't be displayed.' and gives me a 'retry' option button.
I am not sure that these two problems are linked, except that I suppose a file format problem could be at fault. I have tried other cameras and these seem to be ok, and I have tried the Pocket auction for eBay app from Bonfire Media and this seems to display ok. I have tried uninstalling the eBay app, and uninstalling updates but nothing works. I feel pretty sure that the apps worked at first but can't find any way to get them to work now. HELP PLEASE, before the phone goes out the window and I go back to iPhone. Mike

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones