ebay chinese battery security noticeAccessories

Last Updated:

1. Thebeast00777

Thebeast00777 Member This Topic's Starter

I'm new to the forums and was looking at the threads on the extended battery and i bought one from ebay. I purchased it 2 days ago but recieved this message last night :confused:

Hello thebeast09 (thebeast00777@yahoo.com),

We're writing to let you know that we removed the listing for the following item that you won or bid on:

180533835846 - Extended Battery+Cable+US Charger For Sprint HTC EVO 4G

To help protect you, we removed this listing so we can confirm that the seller is not putting you or other eBay members at risk.

If you've already paid for this item through eBay, you can open a case in our Resolution Center to get your money back. All you need to do is click the link below, and select the "I haven't received it yet" option. This will guide you through the process to get a refund. (Unfortunately, because we removed the listing, you won't be able to look up the seller's contact information.)

Resolution Center - eBay

If you won the item but haven't paid yet, don't pay for it.

If the seller offers you the item outside of eBay, we strongly encourage you to not accept the offer. These types of transactions are extremely risky and are not covered by eBay buyer protection programs.

If you didn't pay through eBay, please read the following information:

-- If you paid by Western Union or MoneyGram, contact the company directly (Western Union 800-325-6000 or MoneyGram 800-926-9400).
    -- If you paid by check, contact your bank to stop payment.
    -- If you paid by credit card, contact your credit card company to dispute the charge.

We want to make sure you get your money back safely and quickly.

Thanks,

eBay

I know it takes a few weeks to ship but its only been 2 days. What do i do??
    Is this letting me know i been scammed or letting me know that they just took precautions? I bought from the same seller alot of people bought from. cellphoneacc10

someone help please

thank you

Advertisement
  2. CuBz

CuBz Well-Known Member

It could be for any reason, they could be scammers, the battery may not be safe, etc. But I would request a refund as they stated in the email, and if you do receive the battery, dispose of it just incase it isn't safe

3. SouthernEvo

SouthernEvo Well-Known Member

If I was you I would contact Ebay directly and confirm the email . As for scammers I dont see how it could be a scam if they are more or less telling you to contact ebay about getting a refund . Again the link provided could be a phishing site to grab personal information . Another reason why I suggest contacting ebay and verifying if this email is offical . Could also be some cut throat manuver from one of the chinese battery suppliers . No telling in this day and age LOL .

4. audiofx2

audiofx2 Well-Known Member

I bought batteries on Wednesday (2 days ago) from feitong2009 and did not receive that email.

I used PayPal and here are the subjects of the emails I've received so far.

Updates for your purchase from feitong2009 - Oct-13-10

Good news. eBay item #290476123138 2X NEW EXTENDED BATTERY+CHARGER FOR SPRINT HTC EVO 4G

Thank you for your payment. eBay item #290476123138 2X NEW EXTENDED BATTERY+CHARGER FOR SPRINT HTC EVO 4G

cellphoneacc10 is still active and selling items so it might be a scam. I'd contact ebay regardless.

5. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

Generally it's a good idea to edit out your personal email when posting...You probably just 2x'd your spam count thanks to the crawling bots.

6. wsu99999

wsu99999 New Member

I got the same message the day before yesterday about a MicroSD Card I ordered for my Evo. I ordered a 16gig, they sent me a 32gig, and it didn't work. I think enough people complained (not me) about it that they pulled all of the person's listings. I did get the seller to refund my money before the letter came through.

To all - you really need to watch when ordering from China, I know most of our products come from there, but they go through extensive QC regulations in the US before they are released to the consumer. When you try to go direct and cut the middle man out, your in line for a world of scams. I've tried ordering around 10 things (all under 50 bucks and all at a significant discount) from China and I think 2 maybe 3 of them have worked out.

I still keep trying, but always assume I'm pissing my money away.

7. Thebeast00777

Thebeast00777 Member This Topic's Starter

i really appreciate it man. i agree wit u cuz i heard before of the Dangers. my car charger and charger cord ended up not workin but the battery and external charger works pretty well so far that i see. did u send the item back n get a refund or what cuz im kinda dissapointed that my car charger dnt work

8. chicano

chicano Well-Known Member

I have ordered 3 Chinese extended batteries (ebay), from feitong2009 and wanshopping. It took more than 30 days to get my battery from feitong2009-but i got it. So far it works.

I would contact the seller first, from experience- feitong2009 does responds- he responded to every email i sent him.

I would also contact ebay- but not through that link that was sent to you. Log in on ebay and proceed that way. I wouldn't take chances. I have received email messages from paypal and fbi- looking legit- telling me to click on their links due to someone using my account- both being fake.

Good luck.

I also noticed you are using a yahoo as your email client- i got rid of my yahoo email account years ago- it attracts hackers. Recently 2 of my coworkers and a friend told me that their yahoo email account was hacked and they sent out emails asking for money. So I would change you email password just in case.

9. Panchoevo

Panchoevo Well-Known Member

If you are suspicious about that email, then forward it to the ebay spoof office, and ebay will respond about the authenticity of the email. I have done this several times over the years. I've purchased quite a few items from China, Hong Kong, and not had a problems.

Here is the ebay spoof address: spoof@ebay.com

10. trader914

trader914 Well-Known Member

Let me give you folks some info regarding how ebay works. I have been selling on ebay for over 7 years. It is my full time business. From my experience, I can tell you that just because ebay suspends someone or take down their listings, it does NOT mean that the item is bad or the seller is a scam artist. Ebay can remove an item or suspend someone for all kinds of reasons (legitimate and illegitimate). If you got one of those emails from ebay, the first thing I would do is contact the seller and ask if they are shipping the item. If you paid with paypal, you have plenty of time to file a Non-Delivery of Goods dispute if you don't get the item (I think 45 days - call Paypal and confirm). Also, these days, you can even file this dispute with eBay itself. So you have double protection with your money if the item is not delivered.

As for the item itself being good, bad or ugly - you should determine after you get the item in hand. You are saving 75% or more off the store prices...so you know you are basically taking a risk with these items. What are you going to do? Return the item back to China if you don't like the item after 30 days of usage? If you really want to get that nitty gritty, then I suppose you can take that route. Read their return policy and follow the necessary steps if you want to ... but with these items, I'm basically taking it on faith that it would work as advertised and, if it doesn't, cost of doing business with someone half way around the globe. In fact, I just ordered extended battery, charging cradle, AC wall plug charger - all for $25 including delivery. If it turns out to be junk...I'm not returning them.