eBay seller - screen protectorsAccessories

Last Updated:

1. lamoglinsgal

lamoglinsgal Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

eBay My World - skymaster28

Just received my pack of three from this seller. Fast shipping and great protectors. They are crystal clear and feel almost identical to the real screen. :D

Advertisement
  2. 10splaya22

10splaya22 Well-Known Member

Im pretty sure all ebay protectors are about the same. I got 6 for $3 shipped so I will see how those are.

3. lamoglinsgal

lamoglinsgal Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah, I've always had pretty good luck there. I've just seen a ton that were anti-glare, which is what Verizon's is, and they make the screen look awful!

4. twister6

twister6 Guides Guide

Thanks for the tip. Just ordered my 3pk as well. I remember ordering something similar for my iPod Touch (one of those 14 accessory-pack for $20, including screen protector) awhile ago and still use it without any problem. Makes you wonder there is not much in difference between quality of $20 vs $1 screen protector.

5. MaxxVE

MaxxVE Well-Known Member

I'm about to order some of these as well. How do they apply? Do they have the two layers that peel off similar to Verizon protectors or just one?

Also, I'm pretty sure they do cover the entire front glass piece because it looks like it in the picture but I just wanted to confirm. Thanks!

6. twister6

twister6 Guides Guide

Just got these today. Thank God there were 3 in the case lol!!! Messed up first two because got dust speckle on the sticky side; have no idea how since I was doing it in the kitchen. But nevertheless, film is crystal clear and I do notice it cuts some glare. Also finger sliding on the screen is a lot smoother now especially when fingers are not as dry. I was able to install it without a problem, all the bubbles got squeezed away, just have a tiny edge bubble which is still there but it’s hardly noticeable and probably will go away. The size of the screen protector covers the whole DX screen; just probably leaves a small 1/32” margin around the edge which is necessary for installation to align the screen. Definitely an excellent buy for 3 screens that cost $3.35 shipped.

7. MaxxVE

MaxxVE Well-Known Member

I bought six of these things and put them on yesterday. First try and i got it. (Plus i was riding in a car while installing it lol)

Anyway these things rock! I removed my verizon antiglare protector i had on since release and my screen now looks 10x better! Fits the entire screen, has the double backing on it with pull tabs so its easy to install, VERY SMOOTH, very clear, and probably just as good as those steinheil crystals that people are paying over ten times the $$ for (i think one is $15).

Ultimately i was sketchy about buying random protectors off ebay but very glad i did! You wont be disappointed with these!

8. twister6

twister6 Guides Guide

You got skills, doing it in the car from the first try! I knew with all the "preparation" to keep area clean I'm going to end up messing it up at first lol!!! The last one got applied perfectly, but I still have a small area at the edge (maybe 1/32" deep and 1/4" wide, right at the edge) that doesn't want to stick. I press it down with a finger and its flat, but a second later that "edge bubble" comes back up. It’s nowhere near the visible part of the screen and even hardly visible with my case covering the edge of the screen, but still bothers me. Is there a trick to fix that?

9. MaxxVE

MaxxVE Well-Known Member

Mine is pretty well centered so it looks even all around. I didn't have a problem with it not sticking though. You may have touched that with your finger or something.

Also keep in mind that these are washable and reusable. So if you screwed up try rinsinging with a mild detergent, letting it air dry and trying again.

twister6 likes this.
  10. twister6

twister6 Guides Guide

Hmm, didn't realize its reusable. Damn, I threw away first two out of a pack of 3 in the garbage after I saw a spec of dust in there. Learning something new everyday...

11. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

I can tell you there is a big difference between the cheapest and the more expensive ones. I've had both. The cheap ones don't last and scratch easily, while the ones that cost more are stronger and more durable. Of course, you might get lucky with some. I got 2 Phantom Skinz for $7 and it's just like the $20 zagg! I got a set of 5 for like $4 and they were the static kind.... total crap!