EBay Silicone Slider Case.. Yes I Said SiliconeAccessories

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. Android XTC

Android XTC Banned This Topic's Starter

I know the mods will move this but I wanted to post this here so more people could see this. Its a decent case except the color is a butt ugly putty color they called smoke. Why they don't have black I don't know it was this or bright blue neon green or pink!
    The way this works is the case itself has slider rails built into it so it CAN"T fall off. It covers everything is very shock absorbing and wont interfere with a screen protector. For $10 I'm going to keep it for now but as soon as I find a black one I'm grabbing it also. This case also keeps the slider somewhat locked closed and I like that. Here are some pictures.

<Photos Removed>

Advertisement
  2. futureprospect

futureprospect Active Member

Thanks for posting this, but wow it's ugly. And i'm not just talking about the color. The way it covers the front seems poorly designed. You can still see a part of "samsung" on the front. Also, the fact that its squared off makes the phone larger than it already is.

I'm kind of disappointed. But for 10 bucks...its at least cheap.

3. foch3

foch3 New Member

4. Android XTC

Yea it fits better than it looks. It does make the phone a bit larger because of the square top and bottom but it has to be made this way because of the slider rails. If you notice the corners are huge because of this squaring off so the drop protection would be very good vs a hard type case.

5. Android XTC

6. iBleedBlackNgold

iBleedBlackNgold Well-Known Member

that has got to be the most hideous phone case I ever seen

7. Android XTC

This case also is more silicone feeling than TPU. I was hoping for the harder more slick texture of the TPU material.

8. MILcityBOI

MILcityBOI Well-Known Member

I think I'd rather drop mine and suffer the consequences then have that case on, LMAO.....seriously though, if you could get another color then I think you'd be alright but it sure is an eyesore now with that "smoke" colored case.

9. cary328is

cary328is Well-Known Member

I was kind of hoping for a side "Bumper" that would just keep the slider closed permanently and protect the camera lens from scratching as well as the screen from making contact with a drop LOL. With swype, I don't really use the keyboard much so I put a fat blue rubber band around the phone just to see what a bumper would look like. It was pretty ghetto but if it were a real quality bumper I would probably get one

10. Viper786

Viper786 Member

Did he end up replying? I'm considering this case.

11. Matty Mo

Matty Mo Well-Known Member

man first thing that comes to mind when i see that case is WOOF WOOF, looks like a chew toy for a dog. I would rather put my epic in sock then have that on my phone. No offense to the op, of course! But i hate how the front splits the screen into 2 parts.

12. bryanberlin

bryanberlin Active Member

ANdroid who was the seller on the bone case?

13. Android XTC

Its an ebay case, Just put "Samsung Epic silicone" in the ebay search window. Its now offered in black and it looks much better. On this case I cut off the strip of rubber that goes over the "Samsung" just above the function keys and it looks much better. Of all the cases I own for the Epic including the Active-X by Seidio I still think this affords the best all around crash protection. The phone is very well padded in this case.

click the photo for the black version.

14. Vince2398

Vince2398 New Member

Are there clips between the keyboard and screen? Just wanted to see if it causes gaps between it. Thanks

15. GrooveRite

GrooveRite Well-Known Member

Wow XTC, you are the master of cases huh, lol. Good to know that this case is best for crash protection since I don't have any insurance on my phone (besides the 1 yr. from manufacturer). Is there any holster that can hold this in place??

16. Android XTC

No I got no response.

17. Android XTC

No clips at all on this one.

18. Android XTC

Ill try it in my Seidio holster and let you know. Yea I must have 10 or more cases for this thing.

19. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

This! How many cases are you up to now???

Thanks for another case review!!!! :)

20. Android XTC

FYI it wont fit the standard Seidio holster its to tall due to the slider rails built in the top and bottom of the case.

21. GrooveRite

GrooveRite Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info!

22. rangers28

rangers28 Active Member

23. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

Yes it is hilarious.

In another thread he states "Yes, Im tired of being treated like a two year old. " Well then, if you follow the rules or the organizational structure of these forums, then the staff would not have to move threads around. (Which is the basis of his leaving the forums). Proof of the matter is posting in the main section an accessory topic and stating "well I know the mods will move it". To me that is cluttering the forums, unnecessary and downright total disregard for the rules, inconsiderate to both members and staff. Staff that are trying to keep things in order and members having to look for topics in the correct place.

Whether the member feels like coming back it up to them, but the staff will continue to do what is necessary to keep order.

Now since the OP has decided to remove his images from the thread, then there is no longer any reason to keep this thread open.

TS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.