Ebook reading on the Nexus 10General

1. Stiga

Stiga Member

Firstly I have to confess that I am not yet an Android user - but hope to be soon.

I have low vision and am thinking of buying the Nexus 10 mainly for ebook reading. But I also want it to be available for other members of the family for browsing, email etc. At present I can only just read "large print" books from the local library, so I want a display for ebooks where I can enlarge the text size, text colour and background colour. Despite a lot of Googling, I don't know whether these features are controlled by the Android OS or the ebook reader app. I have even downloaded the complete Nexus 10 users manual but cannot find what I want to know.

I do know that I can read an ebook (with large white text on a black background) on an 10 ich iPad. Can the Nexus 10 do the same for me?

TIA

Martin

I

Advertisement
  2. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

All what you want an eBook reader should do with pages and letters, Moon+ Reader can do it and moore :)
    ( .... for me too much options ;) )

But your eBooks should be epub format, are they?

Harry
  3. Caveman419

Caveman419 Well-Known Member

There is an option in Settings > Accessibility that will allow you to select Large Text. It makes the text about 3-4 time larger in size. I know that apps like the Nook app allow you to change the text size within the application.
  4. Stiga

Stiga Member

That's exactly what I wanted no know - many thanks.

I know I need ePub. So far I have only one book and I read it on my PC with a plugin for Firefox. Big disadvantage, I cannot take my PC to bed with me!

Martin
    Caveman419 likes this.
  5. Stiga

Stiga Member

Many thank for this. I'll start off with the generic reader for ePub.

Presumably some reading apps are more configurable than others.

Martin
  6. Caveman419

Caveman419 Well-Known Member

Glad this helps!!! The Nex10 is much easier to read in bed.