• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ebooks and samsung galaxy 4 phone

Plonk

Jul 19, 2013
Im wondering where to transfer these books when I plug in my phone to my computer? Ive tried just pasting them into the kindle app, but that didnt work and there doesnt seem to be a folder that supports books.
Any advice is much appreciated!

Moved to S4 forum. :)
What format are these e-books in? The Kindle app uses a proprietary format as in only books you've purchased from Amazon can be read on it. An app like Aldiko can read multiple formats, and I believe, when you install it, it installs a folder for your books.

This is accurate about the Kindle app. I have used Aldiko to read Mobi format books with success. It should work fine with epub and probably other common formats as well.

Upvote 0
I'm not familiar with the Kindle app, but with Aldiko and other books apps I've used, just putting the ebook file on the device wasn't enough, you also have to import the book into your reader. Look for an 'import' function, then you should be able to point it to where you saved the files and have them imported in to the reader.
For Aldiko, when you do that it saves the book in it's own directory structure, which means you can delete the files you saved to regain the space on your device. Again, I'm not sure how the Kindle app would work, but it's something you should check. (Import a book, delete the file, see if the reader still will let you read the book).

Upvote 0
The Kindle app reads these formates:
Microsoft Word (.DOC, .DOCX)
PDF (.PDF)
Images (.JPG, .JPEG, .GIF, .PNG, .BMP)
Kindle Format (.MOBI, .AZW)

Install the Kindle Reader for Windows on your PC and use the option 'Send to Kindle' for to send your books via WiFi on your phone to the Kindle app directly or to the Kindle server for later download to the Kindle app.

If you already have these books on you phone, you'd use ES File Explorer's (or maybe your stock file manager's) option 'Send to Kindle' which will do the same as above described.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/sendtokindle/android

If you don't want to use these methods and want "pasting them into the Kindle app" you've to create a folder "kindle" on the root of your (internal or external) SD card and drop the books into this folder.
They should appear on the Kindle app's book shelf :)

Harry

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones