1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

eBuddy stealing FaceBook passwords? Is this a myth?

Last Updated:

1. rcronin

rcronin New Member This Topic's Starter

I have a Droid Eris.

I've used eBuddy off and on for the last 3 or 4 months and really liked it. I just had to have my handset replaced so I was about to download eBuddy again. But when I went to read the commnets, I saw a bunch about eBuddy stealing FaceBook passwords. Is this true? What is the best way to investigate something like that? I would really like to keep using eBuddy.

TIA,

Becky

Advertisement
  2. ftooly

ftooly New Member

I do not think ebuddy steals facebook passwords, I used ebuddy for 4 or 5 months on my Ipod touch, and am using it on my Eris now with no problems what so ever. I even had/still have my facebook pass saved on both devices.

3. rcronin

rcronin New Member This Topic's Starter

I don't think it stole mine before. Wouldn't I know, lol?

4. MisterMixelpix

MisterMixelpix Well-Known Member

No, but when you use eBuddy I think it pipes everything through servers overseas, that's why a lot of people hop onto the FB website and get a "someone just tried to access your account in Norway" thing, which spooks them. Been on eBuddy for a while, not one single issue.

5. TheBRADLeyB

TheBRADLeyB Member

Yeah, I think even when I used the Facebook Application I got an e-mail saying my account as accessed over seas, (and actually for some weird reason 'for my protection' I wasn't able to use text messages to update my status or message people for 30 days)

So I'm assuming MisterMixelpix is onto something here.

6. MisterMixelpix

Yeah. Keep in mind how eBuddy works. It isn't like a standard app that just accesses your stuff locally. eBuddy pipes everything through THEIR service (which is why you have to set your avatar on the site, for example), and that means since Facebook has security measures in place they'll say "hold on a sec" if you're on Montana and suddenly some service wants access to your account from France. Happened to me every time I re-did eBuddy, each time from a different country.

7. Vulcan

Vulcan Well-Known Member

i dont like ebuddy i some how posted a aciberry ad on my fb when i had my hero and i had that app but look out mobile security wasnt out then/ in alpha

8. Vulcan

Vulcan Well-Known Member

other-words in isnt a good idea just get friendstream on a htc phone or get a .apk copy

9. MisterMixelpix

...what?