• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ebuddy + weak signal = battery death

MisterMixelpix

Android Expert
May 4, 2010
PA
So I'd been wondering why my battery at work doesn't last that long. I knew signal strength was an issue, but then I opened up Spare Parts and checked battery usage.

Normally ebuddy is only running when it does quick message checks and has a pretty short partial wake time. Out here where it keeps having to reconnect, the phone has a 100% running time, and ebuddy is always on!

Fair warning to all my instant message addicts.

Again, it's a thing about signal strength. At my workplace, the signal cuts out a lot, and my GUESS is that eBuddy is in a constant state of waking up to reconnect. As a result, it never goes to sleep. When I'm not at work, it's a non-issue.

I think you're right. As long as the signal is good then ebuddy won't drain the battery, but if it is having to reconnect due to weak signal then that'll definitely cause a significant decrease in battery life.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones