Eccentric ROM

1. tattedman

tattedman Well-Known Member

Ok so I have started developing a custom ROM using ROM kitchen over at XDA forums......

I don't Have specs on it yet other than the name is going to be:

Eccentric ROM AKA ECC ROM

Anyone have suggestions on what should be in it? Let me know.... and when I get to the point I will need testers!!!

Advertisement
    sookieball likes this.
  2. sookieball

sookieball Well-Known Member

Ill be first in line to test aye!

I don't know if this fone is or not but the custom should be deodexed for speed and definately have launcher pro as default launcher. Should be themed. Black notification bar. HTC sence style icons.

Oh how are we gonna flash without custom recovery?
  3. tattedman

as for the custom recovery I will figure that out.... I have been reading lots of articles on how to decode the bootloader
  4. sookieball

Ya that's a problem with the galaxy indulge on metro also.
    Good luck. Wish I could be of more assistance but im just suave with certain stuff not technical stuff
  5. tattedman

Also for clockwork does not work for cliq..... it is possible just have to find a way also i could prolly use stock recovery just have to sign the package just right
    sookieball likes this.
  6. sookieball

That's awesome! You rock!
    So i was plugging my cliq to my computer yesterday and realized
    It doesnt have the same usb connect setup that my other androids had.
    You know with the little android guy w/ the usb as his hand.
    Would much rather see that in the rom.
    Also a toggle for 3g to edge would be nice. I amd using one but its not to great.
  7. tattedman

What connection type are you using? I get it when i have it it mounted i will look through my settings also might be there as i have debug on idk i will look into it
  8. sookieball

Idk just plugged in my usb to my comp and some menu popped out with like 4 options to sync stuff
  9. tattedman

Oh never mind I know what you mean now... I haven't seen that screen in a long time..... Iv only seen that screen on standard android not modified beyond recognition...... The last time I have seen that screen was before I rooted my ally..... I think I remember seeing that screen on the brief time I had CM 7 on the Mytouch Slide....
    sookieball likes this.
  10. sookieball

So TTman
    Any updates on the rom cooking?
  11. tattedman

Its going slowly but surly getting to where I want it to.... I had to stop for a short time due to some hackers taking down my sites....... I hate hackers....

But I have started to work on it again.... I want to get Clockwork installed before I finish it up..... But thanks to moto I was able to find an eliminator that is the same setup as the cliq 2 so thats helping
    sookieball likes this.
  12. sookieball

Kewl ay!
    So um.... what's an eliminator?
  13. tattedman

Opps i ment android emulator stupid auto correct text haha its looking sexy haha btw moto is lookin for testers of a new release for cliq 2 and guess who signed up to try and be one of the lucky 200 hehe wait what am i saying prolly only 199 people own the phone
  14. sookieball

waiting and waiting is driving me crazy! lol i wanna test dude!
  15. tattedman

the rom is almost to the testing stage I am just having trouble with the build.prop........ I am still trying to crack the bootloader which will be the biggest problem to get around I may have found a work around but IDK its going to be difficult..... the first release is going to be simple..... root, wifi tether and attempt at removing moto blur.... once we get it on devices I will work on the UI.... gotta cut this short gota go see a chick about modeling
    kandinga and sookieball like this.
  16. sookieball

Wow... great progress.
    From what I know of... no one has been successful of removing Blur
    I guess its a life Line of sorts for moto.
    Well keep up the great work.
    Wish I could be of help
    But I am not as computer suave as id like to be.
  17. dlamber7

dlamber7 Well-Known Member

It's possibly to deblur the phone, but lots of the phone is intertwined with blur. So would need to remove all the apps that use blur and replace with aosp apps.
  18. sookieball

I demand a release! :-D
    J/k
    How's it comin tatt-man?
  19. tattedman

Sorry been away from the forums for a while one of my other projects have taken all my focus.... i am working on it should be done shortly... and rumor has it moto is going to be unlocking the bootloaders anytime now i read on here that they are trying to get carriers blessings
    sookieball likes this.
  20. dlamber7

dlamber7 Well-Known Member

Just a few things of input. As far as decoding the bootloader, no use. Motorola has a signature verification of the kernel. That's why it wasn't done on the Defy, D2, DX, and Atrix. They use a process called bootstrap, which I learned a lot about how that works the other night. I do have the partitions mapped, and am working on a bootstrap for the Cliq 2. I will have it done shortly, just need to re sync my repo so I can compile again. And I may need to reimage my dev machine to do so, which is no big deal.

I PMed you @tattedman, maybe we can get together and get stuff going?
    sookieball likes this.
  21. sookieball

I don't understand it all but I love developer talk! Makes me feel all warm and tingly! Thanks guys! Can't wait and still want to be a first to test!
  22. tattedman

ha well I can now take this phone to the limit as its a pure development device for me now.... I took advantage and added a line to my account to pick up the My Touch 4g and within 30 mins of getting back from the store it was already running CM7... Dont worry im still going to develop for this phone mostly cause I want to tell moto to stick it where the sun dont shine for not allowing us to mod it
    sookieball likes this.
  23. sookieball

You have no idea how greatful I am to know thisz! Thank you so much! as I said before! You know ill be the first wanting to test!
  24. Moto Mouth

Moto Mouth New Member

25. tattedman