• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Echo when using phone

jpfotoz

Oct 2, 2012
I'm sure this has been posted before but I haven't found a clear answer.

When I talk to someone on my SII (ICS 4.0.4) - they complain of an echo. I've seen where I can flip off the noice cancellation - but that's for every call.

Is there a fix for this or some setting I'm not finding. Or am I stuck with having to adjust the phone for every call?

Thanks!

Hi there!

I too had the same problem with my SGS 2. It first happened after i bought a protection case. At first i thought the case was to blame, so i removed it. Things got a little better, but the problem did not disappear. The weird thing was that a friend of mine had bought the same kind of phone about 3 months prior to me and he had absolutely no problem.
So i decided to take it to warranty, since i couldn't find a solution to my problem anywhere on the internet. Surprisingly, the guy at the service point said it was a known issue for a series of devices and it would only take him a half an hour to solve my problem. Seems there was a problem with the positioning of the microphone and speaker inside the phone and all he had to do was reposition the speaker. These being said, i have had no problem with the echo since.

Hope this helps solve your issue!:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones