echo while calling

Last Updated:

1. will65mcmanus

will65mcmanus Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

since i updated to 2.1 (ive tried villain 10.3, 11.9, 12) i get a echo while calling people which is very annoying but i think its to do with my wifi any ideas.

regards will

Advertisement
  2. dogg0

dogg0 New Member

I had the same thing but I found if you turn down the volume of the speaker for the caller talking to you, it reduces/eliminates that problem. I think the speaker picks up the callers voice and creates an echo. It was really annoying for anyone who talked to me for a few weeks until I figured it out.

3. will65mcmanus

will65mcmanus Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

but its my voice echoing

4. Nav00

Nav00 Member

its a common flaw with the Hero phone, someone at orange tried to explain it to me but it made no sense, it happens among phones whether they are rooted or not (my sisters had the problem even though her Hero is not rooted) but it does get sorted if you turn the volume down on occassions but apparently HTC and Carriers are aware of the problem

sorry i couldnt really help your problem

5. maddog497

maddog497 Active Member

I used to have an echo on some of my calls, not all but some. After I rooted my hero I had to update my radio to get my phone to complete calls with one (1) in them. (I always place the one (1) on my contacts number to save being told it is a long distance call)

After updating my radio, I haven't noticed any echo. It might be just coincidental.