• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Echo with Groove IP

whs37

Android Enthusiast
Jan 29, 2011
Florida/Germany
Today I made my first calls with Groove IP. The recipients of the calls were complaining about a terrible echo. Is there a known cure ??

I found this "help" in the FAQ sheet (see pic) but I have no idea where I am supposed to make those settings.

Attachments

• 2012-12-03_2057.png
    2012-12-03_2057.png
    123.1 KB · Views: 67
Once you're logged into Groove, hit the setting button and just look through all the options. I found that the default settings work pretty good for me.

Audio/echo
Echo cancellation/basic echo canceler checked
Echo Tail: 100-300ms
Speaker Vol: 0
Mic Gain: 0

I'm not sure if those are default, but that's what mine are. Don't think anything else was changed. A good "test" is to call this "echo" number 909-390-0003 and talk. It will respond with what you say. If you hear an echo, you probably need to tweak something.

Upvote 0
This is my problem. When I start Groove, I only get the dial window and there is no setting button. Is there some other way to log into Groove.

Now I have the freebee version. Do I need the paid version?

I have the free version, and the menu button is there...

Reactions: whs37
Upvote 0
Aha, I got it. I did not think that those 3 inconspicuous little dots meant anything (remember I am an Androider only since 1 week and come from Windows 7). Now I know. Thank you guys very much.

Made a test calling my own home with the wife answering from the other side of the house. Now it works without echo. But it is still cutting out from time to time - cutting out what I am saying. Is there a cure too??

Upvote 0
I would guess only ads... I got it for $2 a year ago in an Amazon sale. Even $5 is worth supporting developer if it works for you... beats something per month!

edit:
Upgrade to the full version of GrooVe IP (https://market.android.com/details?id=com.gvoip) to remove ads and enable features:
- Calls over a mobile data connection not just WiFi
- Native dialer integration
- Proximity sensor support
- Change sign in status or sign in invisible

Reactions: whs37
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones