ECLIPSE 1.2 for Charge

1. countrycoyote

countrycoyote Member

Eclipse 1.2 for Droid Charge running GB is one clean, smooth running fast ROM. Add Peanutbutta Jelly Time Kernel 130 & you're smoking hot. I've tried almost all ROMs for the Charge & Eclipse is by far the best yet. the only other ROM that comes close is Humble 5.0.

Link: • View topic - [ROM] Eclipse Charge v1.2

Advertisement
    :
  2. trparky

trparky Well-Known Member

I've been running TweakStock on my phone by dwitherell. Simple ROM that's largely based on stock but tweaked for performance.
  3. Blacklight82

Blacklight82 Well-Known Member

This is by far the best Rom I've tried for the Droid Charge. Tried the stock debloat and Tweak but they always seemed to slow down after about 5 hours. A reboot fixes it but it happens again.
    Eclipse has yet to slow down on me even after a day of heavy usage. The only thing I miss from Tweak/stock Samsung is the alarm clock. I prefer the swipe to dismiss or snooze. I don't like the stock Android one.
    Also the browser is not buttery smooth when scrolling/pinching like the stock Samsung one and I can't change the user agent to desktop. I've tried practically all of the browsers in the Market and only Opera has the same smoothness but I'm not a fan of it for other reasons. Just something minor that bothers me.
  4. HBLush

HBLush Well-Known Member

you should try alarmdroid. So many options and it hasn't failed me in the year I have used it.
  5. Blacklight82

Thanks. I'll give it a shot.
  6. dwitherell

dwitherell Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about the slow down - to be honest that's the first I've heard of such a rapid performance decrease. Makes me think the fault may lie elsewhere, but I suppose that's a moot point for you now. That's the nice thing about options - glad to hear there was one that worked for ya!
  7. Cilraaz

Cilraaz Well-Known Member

I'd agree that a loss of performance happening that rapidly would almost certainly have to be a memory leak or data corruption (likely from an app or restored data), but as you said, it looks like a moot point now.

Also, for anyone interested, Eclipse is up to version 1.4 now!
  8. Blacklight82

Lol. Went back to TweakStock. :)
    Couldn't live without the alarm and smooth browser, plus it's a great Rom. Had a couple of problems with some apps in Eclipse.
    To remedy the slow down I encounter, I use an app called FastReboot and have it set to every time I unlock the phone.