Eclipse is crashing for the first time

Last Updated: 2013-10-21 12:35:17
  1. StevenHu

StevenHu Well-Known Member

I recently clicked on the Eclipse icon in my Mountain Lion OS X Mac's dock, then a notice popped up about updating Java. I clicked on its install button. Now the icon just bounces in the dock and then a message says that its stopped and to report to Apple. It never started up.

Thinking I should use a fresh Eclipse install, I next downloaded a later version of Eclipse -- and that one doesn't start up either! Just crashes like the other one.

Thinking I should use a fresh install of Java, I downloaded Java for the Mac from here: Download Apple Java for Mac - For OS X Lion & Mountain Lion. MacUpdate.com

I installed it, tried Eclipse again, and it still crashed. Anybody know what to do next?

Advertisement
  2. samogorm

samogorm New Member

Hi, I had this problem too on a Mac. I removed Eclipse from my computer and then downloaded it again then re-installed everything and it has worked fine since. I downloaded the file from the Android developer website, under downloads.

(I would include a link, but since this is my first post I'm not allowed to include links or images in case it it's spam)

Hope this helped!