• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps eclipse not finding sdk

myjavaapp

Lurker
Apr 4, 2015
I have Linux mint 17(Ubuntu). I did install java1.7 with jre successful. I then installed eclipse Kepler newest version. Eclipse Kepler runs fine and I did create a small java program. Which also runs fine. I then installed android-sdk-linux r24.x and untarred successfully in opt/android-sdk-linux. Followed the steps to append that path in etc/profile like so: PATH DEFAULT=${PATH}:/opt/android-sdk-linux/tools and again same line except tools I used platform. I have no internet at home so did all that manually offline. So now in eclipse i went to help>install new software click on add that opens up a small window that let's me search for android-sdk-linux. I click on it and it inputs the path file:/opt/android-sdk-linux I then click o.k on the bottom just to get "can't find file:/opt/android-sdk-linux". When going in eclipse to windows>preferences there is no android to b found anywhere. I realize that in sdk the folders addon and platforms is empty since I have no Internet at home. But eclipse should still find sdk,right? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones