EDGE Issues

Last Updated:

1. sonicanatidae

sonicanatidae Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

After 18 months of dealing with Apple's crap, I switched to an Android.. woot!

I picked up the AT&T Captivate yesterday at a store in another city (50 miles away) since my local store wasnt open on Sunday. I love this phone. The display is crisp, the response speed is smokin and surprisingly, I like the touchwiz interface, so far.

I am having an issue however.

When I left the store, I was on EDGE, and all was fine. Drove home on the EDGE network and had EDGE in town yesterday. When I got home I setup my wireless network on it and the web was crisp. Played for a bit, then went to bed.

This morning, when I left for work and left range of my home wireless,
    The phone didnt pick up the EDGE network. ie. I have no EDGE connection. I've rebooted the phone and still no EDGE. (3G doesnt exist in this 1/2 horse town...sigh)

I got EDGE pretty much everywhere with my Iphone 3G in this crappy little town.

Any ideas? Is there a toggle I'm unaware of? Is there a trick to it?

FYI: The following is confirmed:

1. You can keep your grandfathered unlimited data plan when you upgrade.
    2. You can upgrade early. My contract wasnt up until Dec/2010.
    3. The upgrade price is $199.99

Advertisement
  2. sonicanatidae

Not sure if this helps or hurts diagnosis, but I went into the browser settings just to check things out. Didnt actually change anything. Exiting the browser settings and the EDGE icon popped up at the top..

Damn peculiar.

Note: I've been at my desk since I posted the initial post. The phone has 2-3 bars in my office. I didnt walk outside and it started working. It simply started working after I exiting browser settings?!?!

3. ghostfox1

ghostfox1 Well-Known Member

It doesn't show up unless you use data over edge is my guess. That's what happens to me. Once I use data, it pops up. Until then, it's gone. I don't mind tbqh.

4. sonicanatidae

I thought something similar but when I tried the browser, no connection.

Thanks for the input tho...

5. ghostfox1

ghostfox1 Well-Known Member

Huh. Works fine for me. When I need the connection, it pops up. When I don't, it goes away.