Edit contacts?

Last Updated:

1. scheng12

scheng12 Well-Known Member

This may be a stupid question but how do I edit contacts? I've searched everywhere and I can't find it

2. MarvinAndroid

MarvinAndroid Well-Known Member

You can either press and hold on a specific contact in your contact list until the menu pops up.. then press "Edit Contact". Or you can select the contact to view that specific one... then press the "Menu" button just under the screen to bring up the options and click "Edit Contact".

You should get used to using that Menu button because that is how you get to a lot of stuff in Android. It's a key button.
  3. Derekv

Derekv Member

When the contact that you want to edit is opened press the 4 line button on the bottom row and press edit contact. If it is a contact synced from facebook, for some reason you cant edit them, so you are going to have to make a contact with the exact name and android will merge it with the FB contact.

hope that helps
  4. gearond

gearond New Member

My HTC Incredible does not have any choice to edit in the People application. I've tried pressing the menu button, all the on screen menu buttons, NOTHING is there to edit people directly. PIA!!! I usually go online to edit the google account to change information.
  5. Technipages

Technipages Well-Known Member

You should have the ability to go under the ALL tab, tap and hold a contact and select Edit contact on the Incredible.

6. treddie

treddie Member

I have the same problem with my TBolt. This is so insanely stupid not to be able to edit contacts! As I recall, it does not happen with ALL contacts, but somehow, when a contact gets corrupted, there is no edit button you can find anywhere.
  7. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member