Edit context menus on Moto Droid 2.2?Support

Last Updated:

1. bmoons

bmoons Member This Topic's Starter

Hello, all.

I hope this is the right place to post this question. I want to know if it is possible to edit the context menus in Android. I hope i am using that term correctly but i will explain the situation that led me to this just to make sure.

In the gallery when you press "Share" and a menu pops up with all the apps you could share the pic with, in landscape the menu goes off the screen and i have to close the keyboard and turn the phone so the text message option is viewable, tap it, then flip the phone back to landscape to type on the keyboard. The problem is, I don't use most of the programs in that menu for sending pictures. It gives me these options: Goggles, MySpace, Bluetooth, Picasa (i don't even use this), messaging, tumblr, etc...you get the idea. I mainly share pictures via Facebook, Messaging or Gmail.

Is there a way to take some of those unneeded options out? I imagine if there is I would have to root my phone, something i have never done before.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, so thanks in advance!

-Ben

Advertisement
  2. Turdbogls

Turdbogls Well-Known Member

yes you would have to Root the phone to mess with any of those things. Rooting is easier now than it ever was. check out z4Root in the market.

3. bmoons

cool thanks! so after rooting, how would i go about this? i'm used to easy tweak programs like, for example, on windows there's stuff like the msconfig command or programs like tweakui, etc. i can navigate those types of things easily but i have seen a few threads in here about rooting and there's pages of code. thats over my head.

any advice?

4. bmoons

i rooted my phone, any suggestions for that fix?