Edit ICE ContactsSupport

Last Updated:

1. 5thAgent

5thAgent Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So somehow I added my parents to my ICE contacts, and every time I call them, my phone goes into emergency mode. I remember adding them via something like ##setup, but when I go there, I don't see them under ICE contacts. Help! I'm tired of having to exit emergency mode.

Advertisement
  2. 5thAgent

Please don't just let this thread slip by the wayside without an answer. This is a serious pain.

3. 5thAgent

Well it looks like that's exactly what's going to happen.

Thanks so much to everyone that helped! </sarcasm>

4. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

Sorry you didn't get the help you were looking for man. I'm always happy to lend a hand, but unfortunately, I've never even heard of ICE.

5. NKT

NKT Well-Known Member

ICE= In Case of Emergency

6. AdmSuvvuk

AdmSuvvuk Well-Known Member

Easy there! You posted about 1pm it's now 3pm, many people are at work. Activity isn't very high right now in the forums. Rather than going by the wayside it's entirely possible that the problem is that someone who has the answer to your question hasn't gotten to it yet.

I'm watching the thread because I didn't know it was possible to set ICE contacts with this phone. I was hoping that by seeing someone answer to you as to how to "undo" it I can learn how to do it. Preferably without the going into emergency mode situation you are referring to ;).

7. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

It's equally possible that nobody knows the answer, in which case the silence is hundreds of people saying "nope, I don't know either".

8. 5thAgent

I kinda assumed nobody seemed to know, but I'd at least appreciate the bumps of people saying "Hm, I'm not really sure." I kinda freaked out because this post worked its way off of page one like twice before anyone replied. So nobody knows? lol.

9. NKT

NKT Well-Known Member

Why not just remove their contact info and re-add them?

10. Podivin

Is this the point where we all do the V8 slap (not to be confused with a face palm) and say 'well duh' ?
    Good clear thinking NKT.

11. NKT

NKT Well-Known Member

Dunno...

Are the contacts synced via Google?

Is there a number code programed into the contact that could be causing the phone to go into emergency mode?

But yea, first thing I would try is removing and re-adding.

12. 5thAgent

Well I know it's not associated with the contact. I remember adding them through a hidden menu screen accessed from the dialer, and I didn't select a contact, I typed in the phone number manually. So whenever I happen to dial that number, whether its in my contacts or not, my phone switches to emergency mode. :x

Awful. I think the ##program menu was different in 1.5 than 2.1... Hell. I'm gonna have to wipe again, aren't I? D:

13. truelove79

truelove79 Well-Known Member

I didn't even know there was an emergency mode on the Eris. How do I add an ICE contact?

14. Podivin

Have you checked 'My Verizon' online? If it's not something that's really stored in the phone maybe you can get to it there.

15. Prixmo1

Prixmo1 New Member

When I got my Droid Incredible, I asked one to the sales staff where you could enter this information. There is a way but it is buried so deep that I cannot even remember how to get to it. I am going to go back to that person and have them show me in detail.

There is an free ICE app but I didn't get it to work. The pay for version may work better. The thing is getting the details on how to set it up and activate it.

If I find out something, I will post it here.

I don't think you will find anything on MyVerizon but worth a try.

16. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Go into the application manager and clear cache and data on the phone app, Gmail, Gmail Storage and the contacts app (contacts will resync, of course), then reboot your device.

Then update your PRL.

17. Prixmo1

Prixmo1 New Member