Edit your incorrect phone number with this app

Last Updated:

1. UKseagull

UKseagull Well-Known Member

I though I'd post this as I can't be the only person who's phone shows the wrong phone number in the settings? In my case I ported my old phone number to my new sim, but the phone (HTC Desire) always showed the old number.

I've just spotted a free app on the Market which allows you to edit the phone number shown in your settings, it worked a treat on my Desire.

My Phone Number - Android app on AppBrain

2. gabriolinari

gabriolinari New Member

actually i just tested it as i would love this app, already changed my sim with friend's iphone. now im abroad and i just replaced the sim for some other reason... with that being said, when i install it, on a lg optimus one with froyo 2.2 i get : it says : installation error - unknown reason -8, any ideas why??? i have custom kernel, overclocked but shouldn't matter. already emailed the author...
  3. jaugen

jaugen New Member

I get the same error when trying to install on a Samsung Galaxy S with 2.2 Froyo.
  4. rsk11584

rsk11584 Active Member

Any idea from where does the phone get the sim no, because for me in phone information it also shows my name.. along with the phone number.... Might be I might have saved my name in contacts along with my no, but i wonder howcome it showed my full name,, even the sim card is not in my name
  5. bjlabuk

bjlabuk Well-Known Member

Have you had any reply ?

I get the same error message when trying to install it on a Samsung Galaxy 3 Apollo i5800 running Froyo version I5800XXJPF and rooted.

The authors website says the app is "A small tool displays and settings my phone number,also can edit my number on the SIM. Notes: It *only* works on which uses android testkey signatures 3-party ROMs."

What does this mean?
  6. kiwijunglist

kiwijunglist Active Member

I get download failed. Can anyone share the apk file for this?