• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Editing a theme to include more icons

Hey, I recently started using the MIUI Rom on my EVO, and i am using the SuaveHD theme. I noticed that there are a lot more icons made for this theme (I guess created for the iPhone version) than are included when you apply it on Android. I have downloaded the icons I want, but don't know how to get them to show up in place of the current apps' icons. I tried Desktop organizer, but the sizes were all wrong, and I don't know what else to do... Can anyone help me in terms of editing the theme to get this to work?

Thanks.

Go to the apps in the ROM

system/app

Click on the app (Open: res/drawable_hdpi ) till you find launcher_example.png (Most if not all are named like that)

I'm pretty positive that all icons are 72x72

Rename the icon that you want to the same name as the app you want it in (launcher_example.png)

Drag and drop it in.

It'll probably ask you if you want to update it with the change or something like that, click yes.

and done.

Hope this is what you were asking!:)

Reactions: stephenbarkan
Upvote 0
Go to the apps in the ROM

system/app

Click on the app (Open: res/drawable_hdpi ) till you find launcher_example.png (Most if not all are named like that)

I'm pretty positive that all icons are 72x72

Rename the icon that you want to the same name as the app you want it in (launcher_example.png)

Drag and drop it in.

It'll probably ask you if you want to update it with the change or something like that, click yes.

and done.

Hope this is what you were asking!:)

Yeah, that does help, but how would I go about doing that for apps that aren't included in the rom? (facebook, twitter, etc...)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones