Editing AccuWeather AppGeneral

Last Updated:

1. davidgoerndt66

davidgoerndt66 Well-Known Member

I just got my phone on Friday and can't find a way to edit the AccuWeather app to delete an unwanted city. I can add cities but I can't seem to delete cities.

Advertisement
  2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

I assume you are using the Accuweather Widget. Tap on the widget and go to the weather page for the current city. Go to menu>my city list, then tap on menu again and select delete. It will bring up your city list again with a space for checkbox next to each city. Check the city and then press delete.
    Mr. Ed likes this.
  3. davidgoerndt66

davidgoerndt66 Well-Known Member

Thanks, still getting used to this phone
  4. LiMillr

LiMillr New Member

Re: I assume you are using the Accuweather Widget. Tap on the widget and go to the weather page for the current city. Go to menu>my city list, then tap on menu again and select delete. It will bring up your city list again with a space for checkbox next to each city. Check the city and then press delete.

I tap on the widget and go to my city but when I click 'menu" all I get is 'settings' and in settings there is no "my city list' so how do I get to it. I actually am beginning to hate accuweather AND this phone. Hope someone can help me.
  5. Trilliam

Trilliam New Member

Hi, I just came here looking for the same thing. The suggested fix didn't help me either but then I figured it out.

1) Tap the weather widget and it takes you to the list of cities you wanted to see the weather in. Don't tap a city yet!
    2) Tap the menu and delete should come up as an option. I had to have the data on or delete didn't come up as an option.
    3) Tap delete and it will bring up a list of the cities you've added to your weather widget. Tap the city you want to delete and it should go.

I hope this helped.
    Atma likes this.
  6. Bosbouer

Bosbouer Well-Known Member

AccuWeather has launched their latest version. Seems like a winner.
  7. rak1966

rak1966 Member

I'm using the App. Most often my App opens to NOW. Just to the left of NOW is LOCATIONS. Tap LOCATIONS and old your finger on the location you wish to delete. A trash can will appear in the upper right hand corner of the screen. Tap the can to delete.
    DigiCowboy likes this.
  8. St3v3G23

St3v3G23 New Member

On my HTC One S, I can edit the list of selected locations, but the location that comes up by default when I start the app is not on that list, so I can't delete it. My wife has the same app on another (LG) phone, and in both cases we think the default location was set the first time we opened the app, wherever we happened to be then, and we're stuck with it. Any clues? Is there a settings file for the app that can be deleted to start from scratch?
  9. lunatic59

You most likely have it set to display the weather for your location as determined by GPS. I don't use the accuweather app, but all the weather apps have a setting like that. You should be able to turn it off in the settings.
  10. St3v3G23

St3v3G23 New Member

Thanks, but no, I didn't. And I had turned off all location services temporarily, turned them back on, cleared the cache, data, force-stopped the app, etc. I'm additionally confused now in that the built-in app said it was accuweather.com, linked to accuweather.com, but did not update to match the accuweather.com app as found on Play stores. I've downloaded that one, and it seems to work OK . . . except that its link for more details online does not link to AccuWeather but to my local TV station! Weird. Oh, well, I think the solution is to disable the default app and use the one that I can get online.
  11. lunatic59

Ah, you might be using the Google Now service, which is tied to your gmail account. That might have a default location set.