• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Editing APN Setting on Optimus 3D

rafizuk

Lurker
Sep 6, 2011
Hello All, I've recently got my hands on an Optimus 3D unlocked. The phone works wonderfully and it's a great device aside from the fact that I can't seem to edit the APN settings on the phone. The phone was originally locked to Rogers (Canada) and I am able to use it on Fido (Canada), all features work except for the Data. I am able to make, receive calls and texts but can't seem to get it to connect to the Fido data network. Is there something that I am doing wrong when I unlocked the phone? is there an unlock colde for the APN settings? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, I have tried creating a new APN on the phone but the phone does not give me the option to its just stuck on Rogers.

Select Menu > Settings > Wireless and Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > **

Create your new APN with the specific settings.
In the last field 'APN Type': Enter 'default,mms'.
Entering the word 'Default' would make your newly created APN override the original Rogers APN.

Enjoy!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones