Editing APN Setting on Optimus 3DSupport

Last Updated: 2011-10-14 00:04:45
  1. rafizuk

rafizuk New Member

Hello All, I've recently got my hands on an Optimus 3D unlocked. The phone works wonderfully and it's a great device aside from the fact that I can't seem to edit the APN settings on the phone. The phone was originally locked to Rogers (Canada) and I am able to use it on Fido (Canada), all features work except for the Data. I am able to make, receive calls and texts but can't seem to get it to connect to the Fido data network. Is there something that I am doing wrong when I unlocked the phone? is there an unlock colde for the APN settings? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. BingoRingo

BingoRingo Well-Known Member

Have you tried creating a new APN instead of editing the current one? There should also only be one APN for both MMS and data, don't use the old ones.
  3. rafizuk

rafizuk New Member

Yes, I have tried creating a new APN on the phone but the phone does not give me the option to its just stuck on Rogers.
  4. Mad_Sunday

Mad_Sunday Well-Known Member

You may need to root it.

Pete
  5. Nitin Sachar

Nitin Sachar New Member

Select Menu > Settings > Wireless and Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > **

Create your new APN with the specific settings.
    In the last field 'APN Type': Enter 'default,mms'.
    Entering the word 'Default' would make your newly created APN override the original Rogers APN.

Enjoy!