Editing Contacts Deletes Them!Support

Last Updated:

1. adamu7777

adamu7777 New Member This Topic's Starter

Using the Motorola Droid... I am an exchange user and had the device paired to my gmail account, although i never use gmail.

if i go in and edit a contact (change name, phone number, or add info), after i click to update the contact, they disappear from the contact list! WTF? i know they are still there... somewhere... as if i manually input their phone number, their name comes up when the droid dials them... but they sure do not display in the contact list...

also, if i try to delete a contact, it prompts me to ask me if i am sure, but no matter how many times i try, it won't delete them.

HELP![​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. john30308

john30308 Well-Known Member

My company actually uses a Zimbra server (Exchange like) and I thought I was having the same problem. Actually what was happening was that any contact edited in the Droid gets filed thereafter first name - last name, not last name - first name, like I had them. They weren't actually deleted, just moved. I tried to work around it but just gave up and now know what to expect. It may not be our situation, but check it out.

3. adamu7777

adamu7777 New Member This Topic's Starter

good thought jon... i had checked to see if that was the case but no luck :(