editing contacts in messagingSupport

Last Updated:

1. hcmustard

hcmustard Member This Topic's Starter

I have the X10, but I've found the same issue (unanswered) posted on other phone sections so it doesn't seem to be phone specific, hence why I am trying in general android section

I synced my google contacts by mistake. This added all my email contacts in gmail to my messaging app.
    However they do not show up in the phonebook so I cannot remove them from there.

They are only when I goto messaging, add recipient.. in that list.. In here I cannot long press to remove nor are there any menu button settings.

I tried clearing data for messaging, but it did not clear them

I am not sure where else to check to remove these extra ones.

Advertisement
  2. D3sRtH4mmR

D3sRtH4mmR Well-Known Member

Go to Phonebook, click the 3 heads icon at the top left and under Display contacts you have the options for both phone contacts and Google.

3. hcmustard

Thanks I didn't notice that before.

However not quite what I'm looking for.
    That only edits what I see in the regular contact book.
    That was always fine for me.

When I go into messaging and add recipient, it has a whole different list then whats in my contact book, including any email address I every emailed from gmail.. I obviously dont want this in my messaging SMS section..

I do not see these same addresses show up anywhere else.

4. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

I use Handcent SMS and one of the settings is show Mobile Numbers only, which cuts down on the scrolling through so many items.

5. hcmustard

I may check that out too then. I used ChompSMS before and I liked it, but when we finally got the update for X10 in Canada, the default messaging wasn't so bad anymore.

But maybe I will have to try Handcent or Chomp again if there is no other default way to do that.

Thanks