Editing Contacts ?

Last Updated:

1. dlrooney

dlrooney Active Member This Topic's Starter

Most of my contacts were moved over when I made the switch to Droid. One thing I've found is that when I try to add a new contact it does so as a google contact where as my existing contacts that were sync'd over show up as Phone-only contact. There obviously is a difference when adding/editing contacts but I can't figure out how to choose between the two types. Any ideas? :confused:

Advertisement
  2. dmgabe

dmgabe Well-Known Member

Do you have the device set to sync your contacts with gmail? It is the easiest way to go, and all your contacts are kept up to date. I don't think you can actually choose what type of contact you want, it is all automatic.

3. dlrooney

dlrooney Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the reply. My device is set to sync contacts with both gmail and FB. I still don't really understand why some of my entries show up as Phone-only (unsynced) and other contacts show up as google. Is there a way to force or sync my contacts that say unsynced so they all show up as google contacts?

4. dmgabe

dmgabe Well-Known Member

If you are in contact, hit menu--accounts--your gmail account--menu--sync now. Not sure if this will clear up your phone only problem, but will force sync your contacts. You can check you settings along the way.

5. pmmajor

pmmajor Member

I enter a new contact and hit save and it does not show up in my contacts list, any help?

6. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member

i cant get two dang contacts synced to facebook! no matter how much i delete them and re sync and such... ideas?

7. daikonv

daikonv Well-Known Member

My experience with this was that if I had both entries with exactly the same name and spelling, then the two entries would then merge into one. It doesn't happen instantly, but after about 5 minutes or so when I check my contacts list again, I would find just the one merged contact.