General Editing events in the HTC Calendar Widget

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by spgolder, Jun 4, 2010.

1. spgolder

spgolder New Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Hi,

At one time I thought I could edit (aka change) a previous event by:

1) Selecting the date on the calendar view
    2) Selecting the event
    3) This brings me to the "Event details". When the the screen opens I see the whole edit menu for a moment. Then I only see the event with date and time and a line that says "my calendar" with an icon. The menu's only choices are "add reminder", "delete" and "share vCalendar".

At one time I had an way of editing the event. I just can not figure out how to do it now.

I searched the web and this forum with no luck

Advertisement

2. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Texas
    What calendars are you using? My calendar, the calendar associated with your Gmail account, etc? You can see which are active by pressing Menu>More>Calendars. I think there are some you cannot edit, such as "US Holidays" for example, but you can disable them.

3. spgolder

spgolder New Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Thanks -

I am using my calendar. All I want to do is change, for example, the time for a single event.

4. xx_bishop_xx

Dec 18, 2009
    Texas
    Out of curiosity, have you updated to 2.1 recently? If so, had you performed the factory reset?

5. spgolder

spgolder New Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Yes, I have upgraded to V2.1 and no I have not performed a factory reset.

6. xx_bishop_xx

Dec 18, 2009
    Texas
    There is reputable opinion around the forums that a factory reset after the update has been improving performance, and eliminating many issues/bugs. Be aware that everything will be erased (not items on the SD card), and settings will be restored to factory defaults. This may be something for you to consider.

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/80233-factory-data-reset-option.html