Editing Swype DictionarySupport

Last Updated:

1. Terrier Hockey

Terrier Hockey Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sep 16, 2010
    There are a few topics about this but none seem to be in this forum or any other Galaxy S forum.

There's got to be a better way to edit the Swype dictionary. As I understand it now, to delete a word that's been added, I manually type it in, highlight it, and hit the Swype button. I'll then be presented with a dialog asking me if I want to delete it.

The problem is sometimes I don't know exactly what the word is that I want to delete. Example: Imagine the following exchange of texts:

"Hey man I just ordered a pizza."

Now, "Yeahhhhhhh" is in my Swype dictionary, and to my knowledge the only way to delete it is to type it in with the correct number of h's and then delete it. Also, annoyingly, Swyping "yeah" will default to "yeahhhhhhh" now. So it's not like I can just ignore it.

There should be a Swype app that gives you manual control over the dictionary. Or is there already a better way?

2. indoninjah

indoninjah New Member

Aug 31, 2010
    You pretty much said the most efficient way of deletion I've found in your post. Because it defaults to "Yeahhhhh," you have an opportunity to delete it right there. You're right, it is annoying, especially since it saves words after one use and doesn't have any kind of ranking of most used similar words. But just by texting normally for a week or so, you should be able to come across and delete all of that annoying, commonly used slang.