Editing Swype keyboard?

Last Updated:

1. Jimmykimchi

Jimmykimchi Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guy's . For a while now since i got the vibrant, i've been using swype. IMHO This is one of the best keyboards out there. but there's a flaw in the keyboard, it's annoying because i always do it! And what i was wondering, is if we can disable it, or delete it all together. In swype keyboard, on the bottom right hand corner, theres a button for the Smiley face. Which is also under the most used backspace key. So you know, whenever i'm trying to delete some text, instead of deleting text, i get a bunch of ":)" it is extremely annoying. I never used this key on purpose, and what i was wondering is that if we could some how delete that smiley button .

Advertisement
  2. TuesdayClub

TuesdayClub Well-Known Member

Maybe try a custom keyboard (if it exists)? My issue is the lack of memory for colloquial terms that are used over and over...most text/spell-checks will eventually allow them.

3. Big-Dog

Big-Dog Well-Known Member

Swype learns new words if you include a space after it.

4. Robinelli

Robinelli Well-Known Member

Yup. It "learns" new words. And if you want to "un-learn" it LOL like let's say you taught it a word by accident, then just highlight the word and hit the swype key and it will let you delete the word from the swype dictionary.

5. mdtolic

mdtolic Well-Known Member

How about going to that SWYPE dictionary directly? I was playing with SWYPE a while ago, I mean really messing around with it for no reason at all, and I think I added a whole bunch of nonsense words. (So dumb, I know.) Is there a way to get to the dictionary and delete them there?