• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Editing Text

Madrugada

Lurker
Jul 31, 2011
I'm new to android. Is there a tutorial about how to edit text, or any apps that would make it easier? I'm having trouble placing my finger so the carat is in the right place in a text box, and understanding the dialog that pops up if I long-press re selecting text, I've looked around and may install a swype keyboard or something, but the apparent lack of cursor keys in the core UI to move to and select only a part of the text box is confusing me--it seems like its almost less frustrating to delete all the way back to an error and retyrpe everything. A lot of what I type isn't nice well-formed english words and sentences so the word prediction logic doesn't always help. I don't necessarily mind if the usability experience is different than a desktop, but it is not clear to me what the usability experience is supposed to be. Any help would be appreciated.

Reactions: Madrugada
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones