EECB anyone?General

Last Updated:

1. bjf88

bjf88 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm sure some of you are familar with thecomsumerist.com. Great site. Anyways, I have read on there several times that many people have great success with Executive Email Carpet Bombs.

So for those of you/us who are unhappy about the 2.1 update situation, what about using this tactic?

I personally don't have an issue with the waiting. I'm fine with my phone the way it is. What does bother me is the lack of information and communication on their part. It would be one thing if they had never given us a timeline and set a precedent up front of "you'll see it when you see it", but they gave us deadlines that haven't been met.

Seriously, just get on Twitter or Facebook and give us updates on the process at least! I think we "deserve" it after all the letdowns of the past 5 months. So many of us bought the phone with the assurance from Verizon/HTC that we would be updated. Why not keep up that communication and tell us what's going on? Maybe if enough of us voice our concerns, they will listen? Maybe? :rolleyes:

Advertisement
  2. butthead007

butthead007 Well-Known Member

If the software is not ready to be released, then all the letter writing and complaining in the world is not going to get it released faster. It happens with software development cycles and there is nothing that will speed up the process.

It has not been canceled. It is just delayed.

3. chassum

chassum Well-Known Member

Actually, the only official word from VZW is that Eris will get a 2.x upgrade Q1 2010. Everything else is rumor and wishful thinking.

4. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Seems all the OP is asking is for some information, and I think it's a valid request. You may see me on here bitching about leak v2 but thats my fault not vzw's, I would like to know however when they plan on releasing the "official". I will wholeheartedly agree the leaks were not ready for primetime and understand the delay, just give me some info and I'm ok with that. I think a carpet bomb saying just "let us know" isn't really asking a whole lot.

5. bjf88

bjf88 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Excatly my point, gruss. Thanks.

6. 5thAgent

5thAgent Well-Known Member

Agreed. And yes, they said Q1 2010... which ended about a month ago. So, HTC readily made liars out of themselves.

7. wamsille

wamsille Well-Known Member

An EECB directed to the right person might garner some sort of response, but there is virtually no guarantee that it won't be much different than what has already been gathered on our own.

Yes, the Q1 2010 deadline has passed. However, no one has said the update isn't coming. Is it still coming? Who knows at this point. It is still quite possible that the update could be fed through over the next several weeks after the initial launch of the Incredible. It is already sold out with more coming out after May 4th.

People wanted a high-powered 2.1 device. The Eris isn't a high-powered 2.1 device, but with 2.1 becomes more stable. After the Storm 2 was released the update for the Storm came out. I could see something similar happening with the Eris.