• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Eeeek! I cant connect to my sprint network!

i had the stock ota 2.2 update...followed the 2.2 root exploit and eas running good, until i had problems with my sms text messaging and decided to revert back to stock and now i cant connect to sprint network. i called sprint customer service and had me do a bunch of reset and put in codes and still NO DICE!

It is still showing "S-OFF" when i go to HBOOT.

here are the specs on my phone:
ANDROID 2.2
BASEBAND VERSION 2.15.00.07.28
KERNEL VERSION 2.6.32.15-G746F4F0 htc-kernel@18-2 #58
BUILD NUMBER 3.26.651.6 CL218634 release-keys
SOFTWARE NUMBER 3.26.651.6
BROWSER VERSION Webkit 3.1
PRI VERSION 1.34_003
PRL VERSION 60662

Please HELP! I know i screwed up royally. My phone boots up to activate account but nothing happens.

Is there anyrhing else i can do? Im going to Oakland tomorrow night for a vacay and i would hate not having this badass phone with me as a DUD.

Thanks in adavance and i would be monitoring this thread all night ( i work from 10pm to 6am pst ). I work grave yard.

Desperately seeking help-no pun intented,

Kat :eek::(:eek::(

i had the stock ota 2.2 update...followed the 2.2 root exploit and eas running good, until i had problems with my sms text messaging and decided to revert back to stock and now i cant connect to sprint network. i called sprint customer service and had me do a bunch of reset and put in codes and still NO DICE!

It is still showing "S-OFF" when i go to HBOOT.

here are the specs on my phone:
ANDROID 2.2
BASEBAND VERSION 2.15.00.07.28
KERNEL VERSION 2.6.32.15-G746F4F0 htc-kernel@18-2 #58
BUILD NUMBER 3.26.651.6 CL218634 release-keys
SOFTWARE NUMBER 3.26.651.6
BROWSER VERSION Webkit 3.1
PRI VERSION 1.34_003
PRL VERSION 60662

Please HELP! I know i screwed up royally. My phone boots up to activate account but nothing happens.

Is there anyrhing else i can do? Im going to Oakland tomorrow night for a vacay and i would hate not having this badass phone with me as a DUD.

Thanks in adavance and i would be monitoring this thread all night ( i work from 10pm to 6am pst ). I work grave yard.

Desperately seeking help-no pun intented,

Kat :eek::(:eek::(

It is showing S-OFF in hboot because you probably did unRevoked Forever. If you didn't do unRevoked forever then you didn't properly unroot. I would recommend going back to a working nandroid if you have one, otherwise, go to a sprint store and have them replace it.

Upvote 0
***scratches head***

How can i get a ndnroid? or restore it? or if go to sprint store, will they find out the "stupid shit" i did to my phone and void warranty or sumshit like that?

UGH...thanks for replying though. I think i'd about chewed up a pack of cigs rather than smokin 'em.....im sooo scared that i'd have to shell out some dough to get another EVO and i hope that's not the case.

Thanks,

Kat

Upvote 0
Ok, first a few questions...
when you changed roms, did you wipe cache and data?
Second, did you use anything like titanium backup to save your apps and settings?
third, can you access recovery?

If you have access to recovery, i would try to wipe cache dalvik and data and try a new rom and see what happens, if this doesnt work, here are some more options i would run through

If you can access bootloader, i would try to put the pc36img back on your sdcard and see if it will load.

Next thing I would do is to "revert to stock." These are a few great link that helped me when i had to swap my evo.

[TUTORIAL] How To Unlock Nand Protection ~ Part-2 [Gaining RW Access/Full Root] - xda-developers
Can NOT get RUU to restore my EVO to stock. - xda-developers

There is a lot of info here, so read and then try. Next time you root, use simple root after you downgrade. its is a lot easier. Let me know if you have any questions

Upvote 0
Ok, first a few questions...
when you changed roms, did you wipe cache and data?
Second, did you use anything like titanium backup to save your apps and settings?
third, can you access recovery?

If you can access bootloader, i would try to put the pc36img back on your sdcard and see if it will load.

Next thing I would do is to "revert to stock." These are a few great link that helped me when i had to swap my evo.

[TUTORIAL] How To Unlock Nand Protection ~ Part-2 [Gaining RW Access/Full Root] - xda-developers
Can NOT get RUU to restore my EVO to stock. - xda-developers

There is a lot of info here, so read and then try. Next time you root, use simple root after you downgrade. its is a lot easier. Let me know if you have any questions

i used titanium backup and rom manager, when i flashed my rom (fresh), theres an option to backup and clear or wipe. then i used titanium to restore all my apps and data. i can get to the bootloader but i have so many pc3img on my sd that i renamed and i dont know which one to use, i mean, from which dates.

my problem is not being able to activate on sprint. i think i "stupidly" clear or reset to factory and user info when i tried to go the "other" option in recovery. all my info like my phone number and activation dates are all gone.

i tried to restore nandroid when i was in recovery but it said "something something error sdcard adb"

i hope the link you posted would help me out when i try to do it when i get home. im using my work computer and i got limited access to "crap".

is there a way to restore my phone informations back to my phone?
is running android sdk help me out?
can i flash anything else?
when i go to recovery mode it says amon_ra recovery at the bottom...but when i flash from .zip file from recovery it doesnt do shit. and i still cant connect o the sprint network.
would i be able to do restore or dowload titanium backup without having service through sprint? will wifi work?

im sorry for all this stupid questions but i cant really try anything until i get home on my pc.

thank you all very much for your help and hopefully i can get it all working...

Kat

Upvote 0
{{{- Power off the phone
- Hold volume down while powering the phone on. continue to hold volume down until you see the WHITE bootloader screen.
- After a few seconds it will begin to checking for files, and find PC36IMG.zip. while its doing this it will show a blue progress bar while its checking. (this takes 30 - 60 seconds to finish)
- It will then list all the images in the zip and ask you if want to flash. SAY YES
- When its finished it will ask you if you would like to reboot. AGAIN... SAY YES}}}}

i flashed the pc3img.zip...i let it do its thing and yes to update and yes to reboot but it put me back to fast boot..

the update got me to:
HBOOT-0.79 instead of the .9
radio is at 1.39 instead of 1.4
and the date from july 30 to april 14...

at fastboot i go to bootloader and and it scans the pc3img again and chose no for update (because i just did it) and no for reboot which got me to the bootloader and i chose recovery and it flashing the trinagle with the exclamation point inside...

i powered it down....turned it back on (without holding the vol+down) and it got me back to....FASTBOOT! I cant get out of it!

Upvote 0
If I'm following you correctly, your phone number is gone and everything? Perhaps you should see about re-activating the phone by visiting the sprint website and following the directions listed there. When I got my EVO I switched my old Hero over so my sister could use it, they gave me step by step instructions on the website how to activate a phone by yourself. Thats just an idea.

Upvote 0
If I'm following you correctly, your phone number is gone and everything? Perhaps you should see about re-activating the phone by visiting the sprint website and following the directions listed there. When I got my EVO I switched my old Hero over so my sister could use it, they gave me step by step instructions on the website how to activate a phone by yourself. Thats just an idea.

He has already called customer service as stated in his first post... I would assume they tried to activate it for him on their end but you never know with Sprint.

Upvote 0
Good news and Bad news:

The GOOD news is...i was able to re-root it back to Stock with root from the 2.2 root exploit:
[GUIDE] How to root Android 2.2 on the EVO 4G - xda-developers

The BAD news is...i still cant connect to Sprint Network...so im going in to a service center and maybe have them reactivate my phone....im crossing my finger and im leaving right now to the Sprint store....

PEACE OUT!

Kat >^..^<

Upvote 0
Good news and Bad news:

The GOOD news is...i was able to re-root it back to Stock with root from the 2.2 root exploit:
[GUIDE] How to root Android 2.2 on the EVO 4G - xda-developers

The BAD news is...i still cant connect to Sprint Network...so im going in to a service center and maybe have them reactivate my phone....im crossing my finger and im leaving right now to the Sprint store....

PEACE OUT!

Kat >^..^<

Did you restore titanium before your phone stopped working? if so, your settings from one rom are messing with the settings of the other. you can go through titanium backup and wipe data for all aspects of the phone that do not work. I had to do this when i went from cm6 to fresh when i was new. If this isnt your problem, then i dont know what to tell you. also, igf you have a converter for your sd card, plug it directly into your computer to delete all but one pc36img and see if that may work.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Im sorry, i just got home from vacay and last friday, i went to sprint service center and have them try to fix my phone. I dont think they have any clue at to what to do with the phone. They couldnt figure out why my phone wont connect to the Sprint towers to activate. It dawned on me that although i was on the 2.2 ota update and all the specs are all up to date EXCEPT for the PRI Version which was on the 1.39 instead of the 1.40....anyway...i didnt tell them about it and let them try to fix it to no avail.

***they ruled it out as a bad software***
***the tech said it usually takes 2-3 days to get a replacement on the EVO and it is usually a refurbished phone. But since i told them that im leaving out of state and i needed a phone....he looked in the back area to look if there were any phones on the shelves and found 3 brand new ones and he gave me one of them to replace my "broken" one and sent me off to my merry way!***

So i took my brand new phone to my vacay and how annoying it is to be carrying a charger on me at all times because taking pictures and uploading them to facebook DRAINS the crap out of my phone. The moment i take it off the battery at 100% and have it sit on idle for 10 minutes drops my battery percentage to 80%!!! And that is with background data off, gps off, and backlight at 20% and it shuts off after 30 seconds.

The battery draining is why im deciding on rooting my phone again and hopefully this time without a hitch and be able to finally decide what ROM to use.

Thank you everyone for your help!

Kat

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones